Tax Advisory Consultant has been saved
Tax Advisory Consultant
Join our team and work in a young and dynamic international company helping our global and local clients manage their corporate tax, employment tax, VAT and customs liabilities, while being coached and expanding your knowledge of tax matters.
Who you’ll be working with
Our young and dynamic team of specialists help our global and local clients in the management their corporate tax, employment tax, VAT and customs liabilities. in thrive on this complexity and see the opportunities. It’s what keeps us sharp. With experts corporate tax, VAT, customs and employment taxation, Deloitte Tax & Legal is one of the top tax firms in Belgium which advises clients on tax matters and convert technical analyses into practical solutions.
Join our team
open in new window Apply now
What work you’ll be doing
- Research and prepare advisory work for our clients in your field of expertise, being:
Indirect Tax: advising companies on a wide range of indirect taxes including value added tax, goods and services tax and customs duties.
Global Business Tax: dealing with a broad range of inbound and outbound tax topics, like business tax, transfer pricing and tax management.
Global Employer Services: offer well-rounded plans and program development strategies that can help transform global employment programs in a tax- and cost-efficient manner. Examples are international assignment services or services concerning compensation and benefits.
- Help our clients manage their tax obligations, prepare of tax returns and reply to tax inquiries
- Become proficient with the tools and systems in the tax arena to collect data and generate tax returns and reports
- Support senior tax specialists at client meetings and industry forums
- Offer your perspective and deliver tax knowledge in context so clients see the big picture
How you’ll grow
- In the first years of our career while becoming proficient in the tools and systems, you’ll expand your tax knowledge about compliance regulations and obligations
- Increasingly, you’ll take more responsibility and be involved in more complex advisory work for a varied portfolio of clients
- As you grow in your job, you will take on a more senior role and learn how to delegate tasks and coach your junior colleagues
- As you become proficient in combining these various skillsets, you may become a manager and take the lead on compliance assignments and become a business advisor for clients
What’s in it for you
- You’ll grow your knowledge of tax matters and tax-related tools and databases
- You’ll gain hands-on experience working for one of the top tax firms in Belgium on some of the world’s most complex tax consulting and compliance issues
- You’ll work with a team of experienced professionals who will coach you, many are influential specialists who teach at university and are involved in think tanks
- You’ll expand your network as you work with colleagues from other Deloitte Member Firms to tackle cross-border tax questions and issues
Who you are
- You see the value in data and accuracy and see insights where others see numbers
- You’re prepared to gradually develop technical skills to become a trusted consultant for routine compliance questions and issues in your area of specialisation
- You love problem solving can turn complex technical analyses into practical solutions in a language others can understand
- You understand the theory behind tax rules and combine analysis with insight
- You have good communication skills and are a reliable team player
- You have good knowledge of MS Office and IT skills in general
- You’re fluent in Dutch and/or French and have a solid knowledge of English
What is your educational background?/Do you have a degree in?/What did you study?
You have a Masters in a business-related discipline such as Law or Economics, Commercial Engineering or a comparable background.
A Postgraduate or complementary Masters qualification in Tax is a strong asset.