Management Reporting | Deloitte Belgium | Finance | Article | Client Studies has been added to your bookmarks.
Management reporting implementation in a global life science company
The client is a global company active in life sciences and performance materials. They are investing to become a more integrated organization.
The client has an on-going program with Deloitte to bring about a state-of-the-art Enterprise Performance Management platform, covering mainly financial consolidation and management reporting, but also touching on planning, budgeting & forecasting where applicable.
For the reporting phase of the program, the client wished to:
- Introduce a functional P&L and related Cost of Sales accounting.
- Standardize financial management reporting world-wide.
- Provide the central finance department with more flexible reporting.
To ensure a successful roll-out of streamlined global financial reporting, the project was broken down into the following logical components:
- Define reporting strategy – to define reporting objectives linked to business strategy and ensure buy-in from all relevant stakeholders.
- Design financial management reporting – to define reporting content to effectively steer, forecast & monitor financial performance.
- Implement financial management reporting – to design & implement reporting processes, tools and governance.
As from the start, both the central finance department and all 9 business units (including their respective local offices) were involved.
As a result of the reporting phase of the program, the client now benefits from more efficient financial management reporting and more effective business decision-making thanks to:
- Better measurement of business performance thanks to the introduction of a functional P&L (more suitable for a high value-added business vs. a volume-driven business).
- Standardization of corporate, business unit and local financial management reporting, with improved link to strategy.
- ‘One version of the truth’ for all consolidated financial information (integration of legal & managerial data streams).
- Increased information accuracy, timeliness & transparency.
- Set-up of an organized-wide management reporting governance.
- Better reporting of cross-business unit ventures and faster integration of acquisitions.
- Flexible self-service reporting that allows central finance to slice & dice financial information based on business needs.