SAP BPC 7.5 MS implementation | Deloitte Belgium | Finance | Article | Client Studies has been added to your bookmarks.
Legal Consolidation in SAP BPC
SAP BPC implementation in a large multinational shipping company
Following a reorganization of the parent group, the sub-group needed a consolidation and reporting tool to be used by the finance department. A crucial requirement was to be able to reconcile consolidation and reporting done in BPC and in Hyperion HFM (used at parent group level)
Next to those requirements, strong focus has been put on:
- Create transparency from operational systems to consolidated figures
- Provide transparency regarding financial figures for commercial and technical operations
- Analytical capabilities enabling analysis of pools, vessels, voyages, ports and customers.
- Separate analysis applications to support specific analytical purposes e.g. Daily Running Costs
- Project phases divided into core requirements:
- Consolidation and financial figures reporting
- Financial and operational analysis
- Agile implementation method
- Phased roll-out per region
- Full transparency achieved (from ERP to consolidated data)
- Automated InterCompany matching, shares elimination, equity and joint venture consolidation method
- Three analysis chart of accounts obtained from the subsidiary chart of accounts.
- Automation of the data transfer between Microsoft Dynamics AX (ERP) to SAP BPC
- Workflow and customized menus developed for each user profile.
- User-friendly interface for reporting and financial analysis (MS Excel + Xcelsius dashboards).