Planning and Consolidation in SAP BPC 10 has been saved
Planning and Consolidation in SAP BPC 10
Add value to the Finance function with SAP BPC
Increase the added value of the Finance function by streamlining your planning, budgeting, forecasting and consolidation process and automate it in SAP Business Objects Planning and Consolidation (SAP BPC)
As from the acquisition of OutlookSoft in 2007, SAP is very clear in its roadmap for business planning: SAP Planning and Consolidation (BPC) is the product of choice.
Some key differentiators of BPC:
- The tool is very flexible in its functionalities. This means that “by default”, the tool does not contain a lot of business content (unless you work with starter kits), but this at the same time leads to very few restrictions in terms of calculations, reporting and supported business models.
- While configuring and maintenance are in quite some other tools (like R/3, BW) time-intensive and IT-driven tasks, BPC is much more user-intuitive. The main user interface is Microsoft Excel.
- SAP BPC natively connects to other SAP systems like R/3, BI, BusinessObejcts tools, etc
- It combines planning and consolidation functionalities in one integrated tool
Streamlining and automation of your planning, budgeting and consolidation process requires strong involvement of the Finance user, but also requires strong functional skills for consultants. This is where Deloitte fits in.
The differentiators mentioned above are well addressed by Deloitte because of the following:
- At Deloitte Belgium, we are the Center of Excellence of SAP BPC for all Deloitte EMEA member firms. As such, we organize SAP BPC trainings on a yearly basis to other Deloitte member firms. In the beginning of a project, we believe it is important that our client ‘owns’ the tool as fast as possible. We therefore start the project with a thorough training in the beginning of the project (instead of at the end which is usually done by competitors)
- As a multidisciplinary company, we have dedicated specialists in all area’s relevant for a BPC implementation. As such, we have a dedicated Information Management practice with IT-technical skills (HANA/ABAP/BI/R/3) but we also have a large team of functional profiles (Financial Planning, Business modeling, statutory and management consolidation, IFRS, SOX, Supply Chain, etc) Next to this, we have specialist teams by industry
- We really believe in SAP BPC. Therefore, we even implemented BPC in Deloitte Belgium on National level and as such use it for our own planning and management reporting (Click on “Discover More”)
- Reduction of cycle time for planning, close consolidated books faster
- More useful comparison between actuals and budget on consolidated level, by managing consolidation, planning and budgeting in one single tool
- Minimized risk by meeting legal requirements (IFRS, SOX, etc)
- We help the client to own the tool as fast as possible