The Deloitte Foundation

Stories of our impact

The Deloitte Foundation

Making an impact that matters

Deloitte is led by a Purpose: to make a positive, enduring impact that matters. In FY2018, Deloitte Belgium put in 3,210 volunteers hours and contributed €419,670 in donations, demonstrating an increase of 24% from the previous fiscal year.

The Deloitte Foundation brings together a range of social projects in Belgium and abroad, on which we collaborate with strategic partners. The projects focus on education, innovation, entrepreneurship, and sustainability. These pillars represent Deloitte’s culture as a coaching and learning organisation, and make the best use of our skills in order to have a greater impact.

WorldClass

Deloitte is taking action through WorldClass, a social impact initiative created as part of our firm’s global corporate responsibility (CR) strategy. The aim is to align local CR activities around one global mission: preparing 50 million futures by 2030.

Our ambition is to use education and skills training to create pathways that enable people to fulfil their aspirations and find meaningful work in the new economy – thereby building our brand and demonstrating our purpose. In order to reach our target by 2030, FY2019 will be a crucial year: leveraging the impact our member firm is already making and focus more on the programmes we are delivering from Belgium.

Our 2018 sustainability rating

EcoVadis, the global business sustainability ratings platform, has awarded Deloitte Belgium with a gold recognition level. This great achievement means that we are among the top 5% performing companies evaluated by EcoVadis, and it brings us closer to our sustainability targets!

We are very excited about what the future will bring, in particular the impact we can make together. As announced in our 2017 Impact Report, we aim to reduce our total carbon emissions 25% by 2021 through a range of initiatives, including Mobility@Deloitte. We will compensate for the remaining 75% through carbon-offset programmes, thereby making Deloitte Belgium carbon neutral.

Over the coming months we’ll run an internal sustainability awareness campaign via the Deloitte Foundation. It will explain why we want to put sustainability so high on the agenda, and how our employees can help us become CO2 neutral by 2021.

Contact

Claire Van Bergen

Senior Director, Deloitte Foundation

More stories like this

Fund Isaan

Making an impact in Thailand

Code for Cape Town

Making an impact in South Africa

Share this story