Policy Cohesion Policy | Deloitte Belgium | Public Sector | Article | Case Studies | cohesion policy, european institutions, policies has been added to your bookmarks.
Examples of relevant projects
1. Technical assistance and advisory service for JESSICA initiative
European Investment Bank
Joint European Support for Sustainable Investment in City Areas (JESSICA) is an initiative managed by the European Investment Bank to promote sustainable investment, growth and jobs in Europe’s urban areas. Deloitte supports EIB with the implementation of JESSICA across Europe by conducting evaluation studies, preparing feasibility studies or organising workshops and seminars across Member States.
2. Support for audit services in Italy
Audit Authority of the Puglia Region (Italy)
Deloitte Italy supports the Audit Authority of the Puglia Region to deliver a wide range of audit services, which include the following, among others:
- Assistance in performing the system audit;
- Assistance in sampling operations to be checked;
- Evaluation of errors detected during the audit;
- Support for the definition/updating of the audit strategy;
- Assistance in the communication and meetings with the EC; and
- Assistance in the preparation of the annual control report.
3. Technical assistance to the Audit Authority for Structural and Cohesion fund
Ministry of Finance, Bulgaria
Deloitte Bulgaria provided technical assistance to the Audit Authority, which included the development of manuals and working papers, on-the-job trainings of the staff, system of the Managing Authorities and Intermediate Bodies of Operational Programmes “Environment” and “Administrative capacity” and transactions audit of expenditures of both programmes.
4. Support for audit services in Germany
Federal State of Saxony - Anhalt, Germany
Deloitte Germany provided support to the Audit body of the Federal State of Saxony - Anhalt by offering a wide-range of services, which included:
- Organising trainings on auditing techniques and international standards on auditing
- Provision of the technical support and assistance in the preparation of the annual control report;
- Performing system audits of the client and technical assistance;
- Carrying out audits of technical assistance projects;
- Performing IT audits; and
- Performing approximately 75 on-the-spot-controls of ESF co-financed projects.
5. Support for audit services in Italy
Managing Authority of the Sicily Region (Italy)
Deloitte Italy has provided technical assistance to the Managing Authority of “ESF Regional Operational Programme 2007-2013 Sicily” in performing:
- First level control, including on-spot-check and certification of the eligible expenditures; and
- Compliance audit of accreditation under the regional framework.
6. Technical assistance to the Certifying Body for Structural and Cohesion funds
Ministry of Finance, Bulgaria
Deloitte Bulgaria provided technical assistance to the Certifying Body for Structural and Cohesion funds, which includes review of manuals, working papers, updating and adapting the existing working documents and providing training of the staff.
European Commission – DG Regional & Urban Policy in partnership with DG Employment, DG Agriculture and Rural Development, DG Maritime Affairs and Fisheries and DG Informatics
The Commission's large eCohesion project aims to reduce the administrative burden related to the EU’s Cohesion and Rural Development Policies. eCohesion seeks to ensure that, within the 2014-2020 Regulatory framework, beneficiaries of Structural Funds will be able to use a legally binding fully electronic and paperless exchange with bodies managing these Funds (at national, regional and local level).
Deloitte initially conducted a study on how to help Member States implement eGovernment services allowing applicants and beneficiaries of Structural Funds to exchange data electronically using electronic portals. Based on that, Deloitte delivered a technical study for the Commission to estimate the impact of the eCohesion initiative at Member State level and provided regular support to prepare regulatory documents for the period 2014-2020 and on specific business and IT aspects related to the project, e.g. e-signature, interoperability and development of open-source software.
8. Clearing house study
Deloitte conducted a feasibility study on potentially developing central Clearing Houses for Cohesion Policy, with specific reference to technical, legal and budgetary aspects, taking into account the work already done at Member State level for the 2007- 2013 period.