Performance Improvement and process change Bookmark has been added
Performance Improvement and process change
European Institutions Performance Map
The European Institutions Performance Map is Deloitte’s unique tool, especially tailored to meet the European Institutions business needs and used to help the Union achieve performance improvements in the following four core areas:
- Policy Objectives: Effective legislative and executive policies guide the development of programme guidelines. Outcome-focused approaches help translate these policies into tactical programme plans that deliver measurable results;
- Programme Delivery: Successful programmes are comprised of activities that deliver real results and essential services. Programmes should be designed to meet or exceed the agency’s strategic goals around effectiveness, efficiency, and increased constituent satisfaction;
- Operating Efficiency: Refers to delivering maximum value for money in terms of service levels, product quality or operational support. Performance excellence is driven by the ability to deliver expected outcomes while optimising resource utilisation; and
- Asset Efficiency: Management of organisation assets to maximise utility with minimal cost. Performance excellence is driven by the ability to effectively and efficiently manage human capital, physical assets, and financial assets.
Performance improvement and process changes services
Organisational and process optimisation services include assistance to the European institutions in addressing the challenges of reform, diversifying working models and creating and strengthening (Executive) Agencies. We (re-)design business processes to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the service/organisation's activities, we offer programme and project portfolio management as well as services related to business intelligence strategy and enterprise architecture.
- Programme and project portfolio management represent a comprehensive approach that can help with:
- Articulating the link between a vision around economic growth, public welfare, organisational change and initiatives or projects; and structuring these initiatives into a portfolio or programmes and projects that can be consistently monitored against targets; and
- Increasing the maturity of programme, project management and governance processes; ensuring that the final outcome meets the initially objectives
- Enterprise architecture consists of not just the blueprints to understand your technology environment, but also the creation of the processes and skills within your organisation to deliver improved business value from technology.
- Business Intelligence strategy consists of the following elements:
- Benchmark of the current situation against the business strategy and industry standards;
- Blueprint for the future BI environment; and
- Plan for transition.
- Information Management (IM) is a business challenge, not just a technological one. IM can secure benefits such as:
- Better performance management;
- Reduced cost of managing information;
- Achieving innovation and better helping the citizen; and
- Improving compliance and reliability.
- Enterprise content Management helps to transfer the challenge of managing the increasing amount of content into an organisational advantage.
- Business modelling provides innovative, analytical support helping you make better decisions. By gaining an in-depth understanding of key businesses & risk drivers and objectives, Deloitte can help identify, simulate and assess your business options, enabling a deeper and more informed view of the potential risks and returns involved, before making any decision.
- Business Process Re-engineering helps organisations in revealing problems, bottlenecks and inefficiencies in a permanent and structured way, in order to reduce lead times, decrease costs, improve internal efficiency and qualitative and quantitative outcomes. Process improvement and optimisation contribute to a better understanding of the ultimate goals and output of organisations and of the roles and resources required to achieve these goals.