Technology Advisory Services
Within the public sector, ICT is increasingly becoming a key tool in providing quality services to citizens and the internal organization. We help our customers to align their IT strategy and services to the requirements of the business side. Our services optimise not only the current ICT services, they also ensure an efficient ICT to meet future challenges.
- Agile and business focused IT Strategy: The business/working environment is changing ever more rapidly in response to economic and political pressures and a quest for higher levels of efficiency – and IT is expected to not only keep pace with this change, but to drive it. We can help you develop a strategy that addresses the current challenges and provides a clear and practicable way forward.
- Bridging the divide between strategy and implementation: We take a flexible approach to strategy projects, ranging from high level strategic reviews to focused research into particular aspects including technology, application, efficiency, management and governance, organisation and sourcing, resources, project portfolio or financial control. Whatever the focus, we have proven methods and techniques that allow our practitioners to make rapid progress in finding the right direction for your organisation.
- Professionalising IT: As cost pressures are imposed, investment in new IT solutions is often the first thing to go. But by simply culling projects, organisations are restricting IT's ability to address the underlying inefficiencies within IT itself. The challenge is to transform IT service delivery by making changes to the processes, structure, tools and culture of the IT department. In this way, we can reduce the “run the company” costs – and reinvest in “change” activities at the same time. In summary, we help you professionalise IT.
- IT Audit: We examine your IT infrastructure by collecting and evaluating indicators of your organisation's information systems, practices, and operations. The evaluation of the obtained indicators determines the extent to which your IT infrastructure and information systems safeguard assets, maintain data integrity, and operate effectively and efficiently to achieve the goals and objectives of your organisation.
- IT cost control: 70% of all organisations are either running or planning a cost reduction programme - and as IT typically constitutes between 15 and 30% of an organisation's cost base, it is an obvious target. Traditional “slash and burn” cost reduction exercises generate short-term cutbacks but ignore the need for sustainable savings. Long-term benefits are only achieved by applying a robust cost control approach that creates a sustainable low-cost IT model while balancing the need to deliver value to the organisation
- Outsourcing advisory: Deloitte provides an end-to-end service, from evaluating of sourcing options, through to supplier selection and programme management of any subsequent transition. We combine deep technology skills and a leading edge procurement capability with a wide range of specialist skills in areas such as deal financing, business case development, SLA production, due diligence and commercial negotiation. In addition, we know the supplier market intimately. We can help you assess suppliers’ capabilities, and have a sound understanding of the pricing and commercial structure of the major market players.
- Information management: Information Management is not just a technological challenge, but also a business challenge. Deloitte has the breadth and depth in both business and technology to help convert scattered data into valuable information.
- Policy automation: Citizens and businesses depend on their governments for hundreds of services that are consistently determined (and limited) by a large number of legal and policy obligations. As the law becomes more complex, the most experienced government employees even find it difficult to keep their current knowledge up-to-date. Many public authorities face serious risks by an aging workforce. Many valuable knowledge can be lost when experienced staff leave the organization. Policy Automation technologies make it possible to capture and structure valuable knowledge regarding policy and legislation.
- Mobility Solutions: With the introduction of smart phones, 'mobility' has got a new dimension. This has opened the door for providers of mobile applications in very different domains, and is today a focal point for many organizations in different sectors. In the public sector, many processes can be supported by mobile solutions. There are the processes involving officials working outside the office. Examples include: inspections and audits, social assistance, field work by the police, in the ports, forest and landscape management, etc. It is therefore important to select those specific applications that are low in maintenance but can generate significant business value. Equally important is the need for a safe and flexible environment to support the aspirations and requirements of the organization.