A second round of European funding for cyber security activities at national and governmental level
Also in 2017, Deloitte is continuing and increasing its assistance to n/g CSIRTs/CERTs and national cyber security authorities in EU Member States
Since years, Deloitte is at the core of the European cyber security policy developments and preparatory activities, actively assisting the community of national and governmental cyber security stakeholders, the European Commission and the European Union Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA).
The European Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) Cyber Security programme
The 2017 CEF Cyber Security programme provides about 12 million € of funding for activities aimed at increasing the preparedness of n/g CSIRTs/CERTs (e.g. improving processes, tools for analysis, identification and detection of cyber threats, trainings, awareness campaigns, services to local agents) and for the establishment of access points to the European-wide cyber security cooperation mechanisms (e.g. software, interfaces, gateways).
Deloitte Brussels team, the local Deloitte offices in all EU countries and the new Deloitte Cyber European Delivery Center (EDC) actively support some national and governmental cyber security stakeholders in the EU Member States. In particular Deloitte supported in the preparations and submissions of several successful proposals for the 2016 CEF Cyber Security funds. At this moment, the projects for building cyber capabilities are about to begin and will be executed in the period 2017-2018.
Strong from that experience,
- Deloitte has an intimate and unique prior knowledge and understanding of the CEF program, and in particular of the CEF cyber security topics;
- Since years, we are a trusted and reliable professional advisor to the cyber community - an advisor that knows the needs of n/g CSIRTs/CERTs;
- We have the knowledge, resources and capabilities to assist in writing the application for the 2017 CEF Cyber Security funds;
- Deloitte also provides the professional services that can be used under this grant (e.g. capacity building, improvement of n/g CSIRTs/CERTs own processes and infrastructures, exercises, trainings, etc.) by delivering them with both Brussels-based and local Deloitte cyber security experts in all EU Member States;
- We have the knowledge, resources and capabilities necessary to assist the n/g CSIRTs/CERTs in successfully handling the administrative and project management aspects of the project grant execution, including the interaction with the European Commission, INEA, etc.
2017 CEF Cyber Security programme
Click for more details