Temporary support services in operations and procurement | Deloitte Belgium | Operations | Services has been added to your bookmarks.
Temporary support services in operations and procurement
Tailored to your needs
We have built substantial experience in bringing our experienced procurement and operational professionals to your department. Our people are highly trained experts, able to ensure the effective and efficient functioning of your department, supported by our benchmark database of pricing and best practices, to identify potential process improvements.
Operational efficiency and saving opportunities have always been high on the corporate agenda. In order to meet these challenges, procurement and/or operations leaders are increasingly confronted with a temporary lack of qualified personnel. Special projects might arise, causing a temporary peak in workload (e.g. contract renewal of categories such as fleet, facility, or an ERP implementation, causing a decreased focus on the daily operations). Moreover, projects might require specific skills/competencies, as procurement and operations have become increasingly complex and specific (e.g. public procurement or operational planning). Additionally, companies can experience difficulties in recruiting new professionals in a timely manner or a colleague becomes absent for a long time, resulting in an increased workload for every member of the current team.
It is needless to say that these scenarios bring along certain risks, hence setting the stage for inefficiency and error. In order to support companies in dealing with these risks, we have built substantial experience in bringing our experienced procurement and operational professionals to your department. Our people are highly trained experts, able to ensure the effective and efficient functioning of your department, supported by our benchmark database of pricing and best practices, to identify potential process improvements.
Temporary procurement support
We can offer you procurement & operations professionals:
- Highly experienced in operational procurement activities
- Trained and certified in best practice sourcing methodologies and negotiation skills
- Experienced in public procurement
- Experts in ICT, insurance, Fleet, Temporary labour, Facilities, other
Supported by a benchmark database:
- Performed by highly experienced procurement professionals
- Specifically focused on indirect spend
- Containing benchmark data of ICT, Insurance, Fleet, Temporary labour, Facilities, other
- Which is continuously monitoring the market
- Prices for multiple goods & services
- Do you lack resources to strengthen your procurement/purchasing department?
- Are you having difficulties to recruit procurement professionals in a timely manner, resulting in an (overly) increased workload for your team?
- Are you reinforcing your project teams?
- Do you need to replace someone who is absent for a long time?
- Do you have temporary peaks in workload or special projects (renewals of contracts regarding fleet, insurance, etc.)?
- Do you want to strengthen your analytical skill for a certain timeframe to analyze some major offers, calculate the Total Cost of Ownership or negotiate with suppliers?
Example: automotive industry
Due to a downsizing of the procurement department, our client faced a workload challenge.
Deloitte delivered a consultant who supported the team on contract assessments (supported by our benchmark database), bid analyses, supplier assessment & negotiations in a wide array of categories (HR, IT, etc.)
“After a short, limited education the Deloitte consultant was able to work independently quickly. He managed to adapt operationally and socially to the norms within our company, in a short time frame. Because of his eagerness to learn, we succeeded in lowering the work load significantly, optimizing the processes, meeting KPI’s and reporting in a structured manner”.
Purchasing manager machines & installation of company in automotive industry
Example: FMCG industry
A fast moving consumer goods company was lacking manpower in their supply chain department due to a merger of 2 companies.
Deloitte was requested to fill the gap in the planning department during a certain timeframe. Next to the operational tasks, the team improved the processes and set up new reporting towards management, in order to monitor and steer the day-to-day operations.
“Due to the takeover of another company, the amount of work in our planning department increased drastically. Since we lacked the time to hire an extra person, we chose to bring in an experienced consultant from Deloitte. With limited effort from our side, the consultant took over part of our operational tasks and integrated in the team. Thanks to his experience, we were also able to improve business processes, KPI’s and reporting towards management. Once our business was back on track, we hired a new planner which was trained by our consultant”.
Customer service and Logistics director Benelux of company in FMCG