Innovation Culture & Process
Build innovation capacity
In today's hyper-competitive and technology-based environments companies need to innovate continuously in order to respond to changing technology, market trends and competition. We help you to build a culture of innovation and install the right tools and processes to become more innovative and gain real innovation capacity.
Why we do it
In today's hyper-competitive and technology-based environments companies need to innovate continuously in order to respond to changing technology, market trends and competition. Moreover innovation can help you make the most of what you already have. Innovation is certainly trending , but how many companies acutely succeed in embedding innovation in their DNA? We see a lot of companies that struggle to get their arms around innovation. They:
- Do not know where to start when making an organisation more innovative. What elements do come to play when building a culture of innovation?
- Fail to keep momentum, ensure leadership support, bridge silo’s, change the company’s mind-set and build a sustainable culture of innovation instead of one-off actions.
- Find it hard to get a view on the ideas that are living in the larger organization (fuzzy front end). Their corporate culture (hierarchic barriers, low failure tolerance, etc.) often impedes innovation because people with good ideas are discouraged.
- Do not have the right processes and tools to capture, select, promote and mature ideas in a consistent manner. After all, innovation is a companywide process that can be managed, measured and improved.
How we do it
Passionate about innovation and progress, our innovation consultants will work with you to cultivate a culture of innovation with tailored tools, processes and actions across company silos:
- Assess your Innovation Maturity – determine current level of innovation maturity based on innovation scan and pinpoint areas of improvement together with management.
- Lay foundation for culture of innovation – draft innovation roadmap, organizational and governance structures to embed, execute and evangelize the innovation strategy.
- Design innovation processes – including management tools, performance indicators (KPI’s) and idea evaluation processes.
- Set fire to the platform – organize innovation campaigns and actions, according to the innovation agenda, to generate buy-in and foster enthusiasm for innovation. Boot camps, workshops and trainings (curriculums) will empower employees to become more innovative.
What methodologies we use
The Innovation Maturity Model helps to determine the innovation maturity of your organisation. Monitor Deloitte developed this model in collaboration with the Europe’s most renowned academic research institute, UNU-MERIT of the United Nations University.
The Innovation Value Chain integrates all innovation components from an end-to-end perspective and allows managers to can chart their weakest links and tailor innovation best practices appropriately to strengthen those links.
Innovation Week Methodology is a refreshing new take on what innovation campaigns could look like. The methodology very much emphasises the need for interactive communication and social collaboration.
Fast Track is a boot camp that brings innovators, clients and business leaders together to bring ideas to life by expanding horizons and forcing participants to step out of their comfort zone to sharpen their concepts over a period of several days.
The Innovation Portal is the place where your colleagues can post ideas and can see them grow from ideation to go-to-market. This Salesforce.com based platform can be tailored to meet the specific processes of your company and includes an important social media component to allow users to collaborate digitally around ideas.
The Innovation Playbook is Monitor Deloitte’s handbook on how to implement innovation strategy, governance, culture and processes.