Are you ready to implement the Shareholder Rights Directive II in your remuneration policy and annual report? has been saved
Are you ready to implement the Shareholder Rights Directive II in your remuneration policy and annual report?
Belgium Tax Dbriefs
The Shareholder Rights Directive has been transposed into the Belgian company code by the law of 28 April 2020, which has to be read in conjunction with the Corporate Governance Code 2020. This Directive aims to strengthen shareholder position and involve them in a company’s remuneration policy (among other obligations) to encourage long-term planning and minimise risk-taking.
15 October 2020 | 10:00 am CET
This means that in the spring of 2021, the majority of quoted companies will need to present an adapted policy to shareholders for their vote, and their 2020 annual report will need to comply with the new rules. This topic should therefore be given a prominent place on the Remuneration Committees’ agenda during the next few months.
With that in mind, we are pleased to invite you to a webinar in which we will discuss how to apply these new rules in practice.
- Implementation of SRD II: update on timing
- Review of Remuneration Policy
- General principles to be considered for the review
- Policy provisions potentially subject to revision
- Deloitte’s current (international) views and insights
- Preparation of the Remuneration Report
- Importance of the narrative and particular issues to consider
- Quantification of executive remuneration
The session would be of specific interest to members of remuneration committees, HR directors, compensation & benefits professionals and legal counsels.
Register for this webcast
- Sofie Van Breedam, Partner, Deloitte Belgium
- Emmanuel Leroux, Senior Director, Deloitte Legal Belgium
- Nico Vanthuyne, Senior Director, Deloitte Belgium
- Marcel Rottiers, Independent contractor, Deloitte Belgium