The Fast 50 and Rising Star criteria
The Deloitte Technology Fast 50 competition is aimed at fast-growing technology companies that have their headquarters in Belgium and Belgium founded. Given their significant role as drivers of future growth, these companies deserve special recognition and support – and that is exactly what this competition is designed to provide
Who can apply?
To enter the Fast 50 or Rising Star category companies must meet the following criteria:
- Be considered a technology company*
- Belgian-owned with the headquarters in Belgium
- Be public or private and active in one of these seven industries: Software, Hardware, Communications, Media and Entertainment, Environmental Technology, Fintech, or Healthcare and Life Sciences
Technology Fast 50 category
The Fast 50 is the main category of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50. It recognises and ranks the 50 fastest-growing companies in Belgium based on revenue growth over the last four years.
There are nine awards in the Fast 50 category: Fast 50 winner, Most Sustainable Growth and one for each industry category winner.
- Been in business a minimum of 4 years – founded before 1 January 2015
- Have base-year operating revenues of at least €50,000 in 2015 and €1,000,000 in 2018
Rising Star category
- Been in business for less than 4 years – founded after January 2015
- Have base-year operating revenues of at least €50,000 over the last 12 months, or in the current year if the company was established less than twelve months ago
In this category, the key is revenue potential rather than revenue growth. All eligible applicants are invited to submit an investor pitch and present it to a jury. A panel of independent experts from the technology sector analyses each entry and makes a selection according to scalability, experience, management team expertise and highly promising growth.
Known as post-incubators, Rising Stars have the potential to develop into successful companies that stand out from their competitors.
There are two awards in the Rising Star category: Most Disruptive Innovator and Rising Star.
The Fast 50 programme brings startups, scaleups and fast growing companies together with academics, big corporates, consultants and VCs - all in a global format! The winner doesn’t take it all - the whole community benefits from this network. The evidence of its success are the growth paths and success stories of our Rising Star Alumni, who quickly appear in our Fast 50 list!
Nikolaas Tahon, Managing Partner Deloitte Private & Fast 50 Lead
To offer more companies the opportunity to gain recognition as a high growth winner, we have extended the industry award categories in 2019. We are now looking for the fastest-growing companies in these industries:
*Technology company The internal jury of Deloitte will make a discretionary final validation of the application criteria based on the information and resources made available by the company. Further, Deloitte will evaluate whether the application is in line with the goals and values of Deloitte and the Fast 50 competition. Deloitte is under no obligation to disclose the reasons for acceptance or refusal of a company.
1. Owns proprietary technology that contributes to a significant portion of the company's operating revenues. 2. Manufactures a technology related product. 3. Devotes a significant proportion of operating revenues to research and development of technology. 4. Be technology intensive, or use unique technology to solve problems.
Note: Using other companies' proprietary technology or intellectual property in a unique way does not satisfy this requirement. Consulting companies, professional service firms, resellers, and others are not eligible