About has been added to Bookmarks.
The Fast 50 and Rising Star criteria
The Deloitte Technology Fast 50 competition is aimed at fast-growing technology companies that have their headquarters in Belgium and Belgium founded. Given their significant role as drivers of future growth, these companies deserve special recognition and support – and that is exactly what this competition is designed to provide.
Who can apply?
To enter the Fast 50 or Rising Star category companies must meet the following criteria:
- Be considered a technology* company that generates a significant portion (> 50 %) of its operating revenue from the sale of products, services and/or licenses that are based on its own proprietary technology or technology related products.
- Founded in Belgium with the headquarters in Belgium
- Be public or private and active in one of these eight industries: Biotechnology/pharmaceutical, Energy tech, Communications/Networking, Digital content/Media/Entertainment, Medical devices, Technology, Fintech, or Software
The internal jury of Deloitte will make a discretionary final validation of the application criteria based on the information and resources made available by the company. Further, Deloitte will evaluate whether the application is in line with the goals and values of Deloitte and the Fast 50 competition. Deloitte is under no obligation to disclose the reasons for acceptance or refusal of a company.
Technology Fast 50 category
The Fast 50 is the main category of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50. It recognises and ranks the 50 fastest-growing companies in Belgium based on revenue growth over the last four years.
There are nine awards in the Fast 50 category: Fast 50 winner, Most Sustainable Growth and one for each industry category winner.
The Fast 50 criteria:
- Been in business a minimum of 4 years – founded before 1 January 2016
- Have base-year operating revenues of at least €50,000 in 2016 and €1,000,000 in 2019
Rising Star category
In this category, the key is revenue potential rather than revenue growth. All eligible applicants are invited to submit an investor pitch and present it to a jury. A panel of independent experts from the technology sector analyses each entry and makes a selection according to scalability, experience, management team expertise and highly promising growth.
Known as post-incubators, Rising Stars have the potential to develop into successful companies that stand out from their competitors.
There are two awards in the Rising Star category:
- Rising Star
- Most Disruptive Innovator
The Rising Star criteria:
- Been in business for less than 4 years – founded after January 2016
- Have base-year operating revenues of at least €50,000 over the last 12 months, or in the current year if the company was established less than twelve months ago
To offer more companies the opportunity to gain recognition as a high growth winner, we have extended the industry award categories in 2020. We are now looking for the fastest-growing companies in these industries:
Clean tech; Green tech; Other
Equipment manufacturer; Satellite telecommunications service; Service provider; Wireless service provider; Other
Adtech; Digital commerce, Gaming, Over the top service; Social media; Other
Computers; Peripherals; Other
Artificial intelligence; Cloud services; Consumer software; Data analytics; Digital platforms; Enterprise software; Internet of Things; Mobile; SaaS; Security; Social networking