EMEA Center of Excellence for SAP Global Trade Services has been saved
EMEA Center of Excellence for SAP Global Trade Services
Cost reductions, process efficiencies, and cash savings opportunities dominate the agendas of many multinational companies. Businesses continue to face an increasing number of compliance requirements as well as more rigorous enforcement by tax authorities. No company is exempt from these pressures, and trade groups are no exception. Multinationals should regularly review their global trade management options to determine whether they are effectively using automation to manage cross-border operations and optimize the bottom line.
If your company is challenged with assessing, improving, or obtaining a trade automation solution, then Deloitte’s SAP Global Trade Services (GTS) team may be the support that can help you unleash the true potential of global trade automation. Because we combine industry-specific systems consulting and specialized global trade knowledge, our team is positioned to help. We provide comprehensive support and services to analyze your company’s pain points and provide a customized solution, rather than a one-size-fits-all solution.
Deloitte’s GTS Center of Excellence (COE)
Deloitte's global team of SAP GTS technical specialists can help businesses design, implement, and optimize international business strategy to manage costs and navigate global trade regulatory requirements using innovative technology solutions.
Over the past decade, Deloitte has developed a market-leading service offering for implementing SAP GTS on a global scale. Our trade compliance specialists and IT systems architects collaborate under the same roof, leveraging their deep understanding of automated software applications and ERP systems, plus a variety of project management experiences and methodologies.
The result is a vast network of highly experienced, international trade specialists, which allows Deloitte to provide regional and local regulatory support according to client-specific needs—whatever and wherever they may be. We work with stakeholders on your team to bridge the divide among the requirements of the IT group, import-export professionals, and the business units.
Our team can offer support across all the GTS functionalities:
- Compliance Management looks at Sanctioned Party List (SPL) screening, embargo screening, and import and export license management, including applications and amendments (e.g. license management for regulatory bodies such as the Export Administration Regulation (EAR), the International Treaty of Arms Regulation (ITAR), and other governmental agencies).
- Customs Management mainly focuses on the efficient and auditable declaration and clearing of customs. It facilitates border crossings to avoid delayed deliveries and inventory management. This functionality includes import and export e-filing as well as bonded warehousing, free trade zones, and inward/outward processing relief.
- Trade Preference Management provides companies with an efficient and auditable record to realize their cost-saving opportunities with international trade agreements such as the EU agreements, MERCOSUR, ASEAN free trade agreements, or the USMCA (formerly the North America Free Trade Agreement).
- Letter of Credit helps to manage and automate letter-of-credit-related activities at the different stages of the order-to-cash process.
- Businesses reporting helps to manage compliance through technology-based solutions, which can help improve data management, integrity, and accuracy
The GTS COE can support clients in every SAP GTS-related topic:
- Global trade vision and roadmap;
- Reduction of global trade regulation compliance costs and operations management;
- Acceleration of cross-border transactions;
- Financial risk reduction related to trade non-compliance;
- Expansion of international trade duty optimization benefits;
- Global Trade Analytics turning global trade insights into business benefits;
Download our brochure for more details.
Deloitte, in association with SAP Press, released the second edition of Implementing SAP Global Trade Services in September 2018.
Don’t get tied up in global trade red tape! Navigate the complex web of regulations with this guide to implementing SAP GTS. Learn the ins and outs of SAP GTS and how it connects to SAP ERP and SAP S/4HANA®. Get step-by-step instructions for configuring compliance, customs, and risk management functionality, and explore your reporting options. Get insights into global trade innovations in SAP GTS 11 and beyond! This book is a complete guide to setting up SAP GTS for your business!
GTS Next-generation Solutions with Deloitte COE
By offering a wide range of cross-competency services, Deloitte can help you stay up-to-date with the latest technologies. Thanks to our cross-team collaboration, we can offer new solutions in the global trade world, leveraging the GTS core and the SAP HANA® database.