Financial Times/Deloitte 2013 Global Pharmacuetical and Biotechnology Conference
New businesses, new markets
3-4 December 2013 | InterContinetal Park Lane, London
Europe’s pre-eminent industry event attended by leading executives, government decision makers, investors, analysts and other specialist providers. It provides a unique platform to present new perspectives,’ feel the pulse’ of the industry, and network with peers across the sector.
It has been another challenging year for the global life science industry. The ongoing economic crisis in Europe as well as pricing pressures from successive governments have hit profitability hard, whilst the industry's reputation has attained new lows on the back of a perceived lack of transparency in clinical trial reporting. Yet opportunities for the industry abound–in the fast emerging markets beyond the BRICs, including Africa, in capitalising on the potential of personalised medicine, and in harnessing ‘the power of networks’ to transform R & D. How will the industry rise to the challenge?
- Pascal Soriot, Chief Executive Officer, AstraZeneca
- Jeremy Levin, President & CEO, Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Daniel O'Day, Chief Operating Office, Pharmaceuticals, Roche
- Marijn Dekkers, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Bayer
- Joerg Reinhardt, Chairman-elect of the Board of Directors, Novartis
Visit the conference site for full agenda, additional speakers, venue information, and registration.
- Andrew Jack, Pharmaceuticals Correspondent, The Financial Times
- Pete Mooney, Global LSHC Leader, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited