2018 sports industry starting lineup
Six trends expected to disrupt and dominate the industry
While professional and amateur sports continue to provide on-field fireworks in the games and events themselves, even more is happening behind the scenes.
What are the most significant 2018 sports industry trends?
- As sports franchises build state of the art stadiums, fan safety will remain top of mind.
- Innovative ticket packages will compete with the couch for fan attention.
- Advertising spend will shift to digital and social channels to reach millennials.
- Blockchain's capabilities offer potential emerging solutions to challenges the industry is striving to improve.
- The road to professional sports is changing as federal investigations shed light on the business, and corruption, of college sports.
- Social activism in sports is here to stay, and the clock is ticking on brands, leagues, and teams to decide where they stand.