VAT compliance | Deloitte Bulgaria |Services has been added to your bookmarks.
Foreign businesses with an existing or expected VAT registration in Bulgaria need a reliable and competent partner to efficiently take care of the whole compliance process. Deloitte has extensive experience in providing a full scope of VAT compliance services to companies having from a few to thousands of monthly transactions.
Compared to other countries in the European Union, Bulgaria has more complex VAT reporting requirements. Examples include the need to report all purchase and sales invoices on a separate line, the strict compliance deadlines, the lack of retrospective reporting of past transactions and the difficulty in correcting errors in already submitted VAT returns. Incompliance may lead to a dispute with the Bulgarian revenue authorities and potential assessments or penalties.
It is always our goal to make the whole VAT compliance process as efficient as possible for our clients in terms of administrative burden and cost. We achieve this through:
- Experienced VAT compliance team;
- Standardized methodology;
- Effective use of technology;
- Single point of contact.
We can assist you with all VAT compliance related obligations in Bulgaria:
- VAT registration and deregistration;
- Fiscal representation for non-EU based companies;
- Monthly VAT compliance (preparation and submission of VAT returns, invoice ledgers, European sales (VIES) lists and Intrastat returns);
- Review of VAT returns and ledgers;
- Compliance-related advisory (VAT reviews, assistance with the setup of ERP systems for VAT reporting, etc.);
- Assistance during tax audits and inspections, including participation in meetings with revenue inspectors;
- Assistance in appealing tax assessments.