World Economic Forum on Latin America | Deloitte has been added to your bookmarks.
Deloitte at the 2017 World Economic Forum on Latin America
Fostering Development and Entrepreneurship in the Fourth Industrial Revolution
The 2017 World Economic Forum on Latin America took place in Buenos Aires, Argentina, on 5-7 April 2017. Delegates convened under the theme “Fostering Development and Entrepreneurship in the Fourth Industrial Revolution.”
Deloitte had a strong presence at the summit and was represented by the following delegates:
- Gary Coleman, Americas Clients & Industries lead, Deloitte US (Head of Delegation)
- Alejandro Adem, Clients and Industries Leader, Deloitte LATCO (Argentina)
- Adriana Calvo, Partner, Deloitte LATCO (Argentina)
- Joäo Gumiero, Partner, Deloitte Brazil
- Miguel Maxwell, CEO, Deloitte LATCO
- Daniel Vardé, Partner, Deloitte LATCO (Argentina)
Revolutionizing Business Innovation
Gary Coleman, Head of Delegation, facilitated the “Revolutionizing Business Innovation” session, which focused on emerging business models and fresh policy approaches in light of the Fourth Industrial Revolution and the rapid technological advancement.
- Dimensions addressed during the discussion:
- Artificial intelligence in management and decision-making
- Skills and ingenuity relative to high-impact technology
- Open innovation
Gary was joined by the following panelists:
- Marcelo Camara - Head, Department of Research and Innovation, Banco Bradesco, Brazil
- Monica Flores, President, Latin America, ManpowerGroup
- Timothy Hwang, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, FiscalNote, US
- Pablo Larguia, Founder, La Red Innova, Spain
- Martin Migoya, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, Globant, Argentina
- Carlos Moreira, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and Founder, WISeKey, Switzerland
- Amy Wilkinson, Lecturer, Stanford Graduate School of Business, US
Our branding and positioning was to build a profile for Deloitte both locally and regionally. The key messages were connected to the overall theme “Fostering Development and Entrepreneurship in the Fourth Industrial Revolution”.
- LinkedIn blog by Penelope Lepeudry, Partner and WEF Industry Advisor (PACI/Building Foundations for Transparency): Fighting corruption and restoring trust in business and government
- WEF blog by Gary Coleman: How can we regulate the digital revolution?