Summer Internship Program
Ready. Set. Grow.
By joining our summer internship program, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a vibrant and diverse organisation, and get to work with people who are forward thinking and committed to making a difference. We believe this is what makes us uniquely Deloitte.
About our program
Our DEEP summer internship program typically runs from June to August of each year for approximately ten weeks. Interns will work in an area of their interest, meet industry leaders and deliver virtually alongside interns from Deloitte’s global network in positions across:
- Advisory (Actuarial, Risk & Analytics; Consulting; Risk Advisory – Internal and IT Audit Teams & Financial Advisory)
- Audit & Assurance (servicing various industry clients)
- Internal Client Service (Finance, Information Technology, Talent & Clients & Industries)
Over the past ten years, over 200 students have participated in our Deloitte’s internship program. Students that are seen to show initiative and those who exceed our expectations are usually invited back in the subsequent years and result in full time employment at the end of their degree. Many of our interns have gone on to leadership positions, including our CEO, John Johnston.
Applications for the annual summer internship, Deloitte Exclusive Experience Program (DEEP), are always open; however, we encourage applications to be submitted by mid-December. If you are interested in taking part in our program, we invite you to visit our website to apply.
What we can offer you
We are looking for students with proven academic ability, who can demonstrate a strong sense of teamwork and excellent communication skills coupled with drive, initiative, energy and enthusiasm. Here’s what we can offer you:
- 10 weeks of paid employment (longer periods are typically welcomed)
- Real work experience as a junior resource with one of our service lines
- Opportunity to participate in our CBC ‘DIVE’ Project initiative
- Participation in our student IMPACT Day where you will have the opportunity to give back to the local community
- Robust training programs including courses that cover resume building, interview skills, presentation skills, professionalism tips, presenting yourself for success and technical knowledge required for the service line you are assigned to
- On-the-job coaching and mentoring from experienced Deloitte employees including guidance on your designation and career opportunities post-graduation
How to apply:
Applications for our annual DEEP Summer Internship Programs are always open; however, we encourage you to apply by mid-December. If you are interested in taking part in our program, please prepare your resume, cover letter (optional), transcripts (informal accepted) and any reference letters you’d like to include and begin your online application here!
Don't just take our word for it... hear what some of our past interns have to say:
“Where you take your career depends on where you start. I began my career as a graduate intern and transferred as an associate to Milan before returning to Bermuda and progressing to CEO”
John Johnston, CEO, Deloitte Caribbean and Bermuda
"As a summer intern with Deloitte, I was exposed to the work environment through face-to-face client engagements that required me to develop new skills quickly. I was also given the opportunity to participate in the Global Project Challenge, where I worked with Deloitte staff from the global network and learned to communicate effectively with colleagues virtually. At Deloitte, staff at every level, from associates to partners, are committed to engaging in conversation with students, which provides excellent support!"
Taylor-Ashley Bean, Audit & Assurance
“Everyone acknowledges that they have been in your place at one point which enables them to support you and give guidance. During your internship program, if you should that you are eager to learn, realise the opportunity being offered and are a hard worker, people will take a chance on you.”
Travis Trott, Audit & Assurance
“Deloitte’ internship program provides a learning atmosphere where people help you to develop skills that you will see throughout your career. This gives you a head start, as you will already be familiar with these concepts before entering the workforce fulltime.”