Financial Times U.S. Health Care & Life Sciences Summit
Facing the Tidal Wave: Risk and Opportunity in a Shifting Health care Landscape
Bringing together providers, payers, industry executives, patient representatives, and investors, the Summit will focus on emerging industry trends and will highlight the challenges and opportunities that market disruptions, political changes and digital innovations will create for the health care and life sciences industry.
May 18, 2017 | Convene Conference Center| New York, NY USA
The U.S. health care industry is experiencing a period of profound change. A new Republican-led government is in place with a popular mandate to ‘repeal and replace’ many of the reforms that have transformed the industry in recent years, and health care leaders will need to adjust strategies to the wave of new polices and regulations emanating from Washington.
At a more grass roots, operational level, however, new payment and delivery models are fundamentally reshaping how the industry conducts its business. Traditional boundaries between health care and life sciences businesses and professions are being dismantled.
Meanwhile, new science and technology-from drones to the microbiome and robotics-are expanding the realm of opportunities for the industry. How will the future unfold?
Visit the conference website at https://live.ft.com/Events/2017/FT-US-Healthcare-Life-Sciences-Summit to learn more about the speakers, agenda, and the topics to be covered and, to register. Please use marketing code FTDEL25 to receive 25% off the current registration rate.
Topics to be covered
- U.S. health care reform: Risk and opportunity in the new health economy
- What is the price of a drug?
- MACRA and beyond: How value is transforming the business model of the industry
- Is the future of healthcare virtual? Prospects for home care and telehealth
- Tackling the social determinants of health: The next big challenge
- Managing the cost of diabetes care: Front line perspectives
- Skills and leadership for the new health economy: The healthcare workforce of the 21st century
- Beyond genomics: Harnessing innovation on the frontiers of science and technology
- Heather Bresch, Chief Executive Officer, Mylan
- Dieter Weinard, President and Chairman of the Board, Bayer Pharma AG
- Tanisha Carino, Vice President, US Public Policy, GlaxoSmithKline
- Mario Schlosser, CEO & Co-Founder, Oscar
- Daniel Barchi, Chief Information Officer, New York Presbyterian Hospital
- Peter Keeling, Chief Executive Officer, Diaceutics
- Anne Phelps, Principal, US Healthcare Regulatory Leader, Deloitte
- Sarah Thomas, Managing Director, Deloitte Center for Health Solutions, Deloitte
- Robert Henkel, President and Chief Executive Officer, Ascension Health
- David Blumenthal, President, The Commonwealth Fund
- Noubar Afeyan, Senior Managing Partner and CEO, Flagship Pioneering
- Josh Bruno, Founder and CEO, Hometeam
- Steve Cutler, CEO, ICON
- Jeffrey Dachis, Founder and CEO, One Drop
- The Honorable Tom Daschle, Founder and CEO, The Daschle Group
- Damon Francis, Chief Medical Officer, Health Leads
- Dedi Gilad, CEO, Tyto Care
- Douglas Henley, Executive Vice President and Chief Executive Officer, American Academy of Family Physicians
- Aaron Kesselheim, Associate Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
- Michelle Larkin, Associate Vice President and Associate Chief of Staff, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- David Lansky, Chief Executive Officer, Pacific Business Group on Health
- Jeff Marrazzo, CEO, Spark Therapeutics
- Jim Meyers, Executive Vice President, Worldwide Commercial Operations, Gilead
- Steve Miller, Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Express Scripts
- Michael Rea, Founder and CEO, Rx Savings Solutions
- Roy Schoenberg, CEO, American Well
- Ramita Tandon, Executive Vice President, Commercialization and Outcomes, ICON