Life at Deloitte
Forbes Insights spotlights Deloitte diversity and inclusion efforts
Unlocking Global potential - Global diversity rankings
Diversity programs in the Deloitte India, the Middle East, and Southern Africa member firms are spotlighted in the new Forbes Insights report Diversity & Inclusion: Unlocking Global Potential - Global Diversity Rankings by Country, Sector and Occupation.
The report provides a statistical look at worldwide workforce diversity data – a unique and first-of-its-kind ranking of employee diversity across 50 global economies, 14 industrial sectors, and nine occupational categories. The member firms within the Deloitte network are featured as a case study (“How a Global Powerhouse Builds a Multicultural Workforce”) along with Hewlett-Packard, Ericsson, Procter & Gamble, and Royal Dutch Shell.
Highlighted in the Deloitte network’s case study:
- How Deloitte Southern Africa overcame racial barriers—including apartheid—to implement career training and advancement initiatives for black accountants
- The role of the Women’s Initiative (WIN) in helping Deloitte U.S. India’s female employees advance their careers in the face of the pressures of traditional Indian society
The program instituted in Deloitte Middle East to recruit top female talent and facilitate gender parity at the leadership level.
- Join the conversation about diversity and inclusion via the Deloitte global Twitter handle and Facebook page.
- Missed Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited’s (DTTL) fifth annual International Women’s Day webcast? Listen to a recording here.
- Read the 2012 edition of the DTTL Center for Corporate Governance’s annual report, Women in the Boardroom: A global perspective.