Deloitte named the leading global consultancy by revenue and strength of capability | Deloitte | News has been added to your bookmarks.
Deloitte named the leading global consultancy by revenue and strength of capability
Second consecutive year that Deloitte is recognized as the market leader in Kennedy’s Global Consulting Marketplace report
New York, 19 January 2012 — Deloitte is pleased to announce that it has been named the leading consulting provider globally, based on 2010 aggregate revenue and strength of capability, in Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory’s Global Consulting Marketplace 2011-2014.
Deloitte was the only consulting provider recognized as having strong capabilities across all five of the service lines evaluated in the Kennedy report—strategy, operations management, IT advisory, HR, and financial consulting (which generally includes finance, risk, audit, and tax advisory services).
'At Deloitte, we define a market-leading organization as one that is responsive to stakeholders, drives quality and innovation, and whose commitment to global collaboration is reflected in its culture,' said Barry Salzberg, Global CEO, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL). 'Kennedy’s recognition of Deloitte as the consulting leader is testament to the experience, value, and commitment that Deloitte professionals bring to their client relationships worldwide.'
'It’s fair to say the world has been reset by a number of disruptive forces, each having a different impact across companies, sectors, and regions,' said John Kerr, Managing Director, Global Consulting, DTTL. 'Deloitte serves a diverse set of clients with diverse needs. Our unique ability to integrate a wide range of skills helps us respond with the right people, at the right place, at the right time.'
- 'Deloitte’s approach to serving its clients is to highlight the full breadth of its consulting services in strategy, operations management, IT, HR, and financial consulting.'
- 'Deloitte’s client relationships are strong across much of the C-suite due to the firm’s strengths in IT and functional operations, especially among COOs and CIOs.'
- 'Deloitte is actively expanding its talent base, increasingly hiring talent viewed as 'nontraditional,' such as people who have come out of a rigorous quantitative PhD program or who have substantial engineering and operations expertise. The firm has impressive plans to hire 250,000 new workers over the next five years, which includes nontraditional hires.'
'We are enormously proud of what we’ve accomplished and the bar we’ve set for ourselves and others, but we have a saying at Deloitte: ‘Proud but never satisfied,’' said Roger Dassen, Global Managing Director of Clients, Services & Talent, DTTL. 'We continue to place great emphasis on the evolution and innovation of our business along many dimensions, as we realize that our success will be measured not only by our financial performance, but also by our positive impact on our clients, our people, and the communities we serve.'
The report also highlights some of Deloitte’s key strengths:
Depth of capabilities
- '[Deloitte’s] client service teams and target teams are assembling practitioners that make up a broad range of competencies to identify business issues (and solutions) that its competitors often cannot provide and sometimes the clients themselves have not considered.'
- 'Deloitte is able to offer its clients a one-stop shop M&A consulting offering, which differentiates the firm in the marketplace. This includes access to Deloitte's in-house M&A advisor, Deloitte Corporate Finance.'
Borderless approach to client engagements
- 'The firm uses a combination of international and local teams to serve clients, relying on the deep industry and technical knowledge of the global organization to get the right capabilities on the job fast and the in-country teams to ensure they are close to the client.'
- 'Deloitte ensures breadth and depth in its capabilities with its 'As One' approach, reinforcing both the strength of its client relationships and the consistency in client engagements support within its global delivery model.'
Targeted and integrated approach to clients' business issues
- 'Deloitte addresses the business and functional challenges of its clients by using an industry-centric approach. The firm targets specific industries and industry segments and develops consulting solutions that incorporate an in-depth understanding of the specific business dynamics, process and technology best practices, regulatory requirements, and organizational disciplines that drive each sector.'
- 'To best meet client needs, along with its strong industry focus, Deloitte has global integrated market offerings that cross internal practice boundaries. This is intended to transcend the usual approach found in other consulting firms of having functional silos, which often dictates the offerings in any particular region.'
This is the second consecutive year that Deloitte has been recognized by Kennedy in its annual Global Consulting Marketplace report. In its Global Consulting Marketplace 2010-2013* report, Kennedy named Deloitte the leading consultancy globally based on 2009 aggregate revenues.
Source: Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory; Global Consulting Marketplace 2011-2014 ; © Kennedy Information, LLC. Reproduced under license.
* Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory; Global Consulting Marketplace 2010-2013; © Kennedy Information, LLC. Reproduced under license.
* As used in this release, Deloitte refers to Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited member firms
'At Deloitte, we define a market-leading organization as one that is responsive to stakeholders, drives quality and innovation, and whose commitment to global collaboration is reflected in its culture,' said Barry Salzberg, Global CEO, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL).
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.
Deloitte provides audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte's approximately 182,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence.