Asset management & optimization has been saved
Asset management & optimization
Optimize and explore the maximum potential of your asset throughout the life cycle
In an increasingly asset-centered economy, where labor-intensive tasks are replaced by machines, the competitiveness of capital-intensive industries will depend on how we manage high-value capital assets and supply chains that support the operation.
Optimizing capital assets and operations using new technologies and innovation is essential for the capital-intensive sector. Our team supports the core of your business by transforming existing technology platforms, bringing agile thinking to optimize asset management and driving results with Internet of Things (IOT) support to improve return on capital.
By focusing on physical assets and operations, we create new alternatives to support our clients in asset-intensive sectors that are dealing with important issues, such as:
Strategic asset management and total cost of living model
We examine existing corporate asset management data, refining it as needed, to help our customers develop strategic planning applicable to the entire life cycle of an asset, using a total cost model. Deloitte's asset planning model is adapted to answer the main organizational questions.
- Strategic asset planning: Deloitte's planning model allows decision makers to understand how asset strategies (maintenance, operation, renewals and improvements) contribute to the delivery of organizational results through the application of our logical contribution structure.
- Optimized strategies based on criticality and degradation of assets and cost of life modeling: A customized multidimensional criticality assessment framework is used to assess the impact of asset failure across the organization. Specific degradation curves (driven by operation and maintenance strategies, environmental considerations and historical asset conditions and performance degradation) are developed to predict asset renewals. The historical and expected costs of acquisition, maintenance, operation and renovation are overlaid to provide a financial view of the entire useful life of the assets. The combination of these elements allows the organization to holistically assess strategies and asset plans and determine the appropriate plan to support delivery.
- Interactive panels and scenario modeling features: The organization's asset maintainers, planners, managers and executives can interactively investigate the model's outputs through intuitive dashboards. The hypothetical scenario modeling capabilities allow users to test strategies and see the impact in real time before arresting.
Optimization of maintenance planning and control
We work to create an integrated environment in which everyone involved has access to the right information at the right time, allowing decisions based on data on the operation and maintenance of assets.
The most common challenges are:
- Systems are not connected, and some are becoming obsolete;
- Limited visibility of availability and location of spare parts;
- Critical asset information is only in the minds of experts;
- Need to perform more and more work remotely;
- The acquired assets need to be integrated with existing systems.
Asset management involves constant work to reach global standards and to adopt a reliability-oriented approach. Deloitte supports clients to apply a consistent digital strategy and advance the digital maturity curve.
- Assessment to determine the asset's business requirements and its maintenance service needs. This supports the proper design of the asset shutdown period.
- Asset management strategy and planning to clarify the maintenance philosophies to be applied to the asset and components within it.
- Development of asset condition classification to allow a consistent method for categorizing in-service damage. Condition and performance are achieved by those responsible for their daily operation. This information is fed into the maintenance and rectification requirements of the shutdown period.
- Criticality assessment to allow the classification of different asset components and systems to support maintenance planning and postponement decisions.
- Scenario modeling and optimization for each maintenance period to minimize downtime and allow critical path assessments
- Maintenance pipeline assessment to identify areas for improvement with the maintenance pipeline, such as supplies, accuracy of maintenance instructions, and assessment of the planned maintenance accuracy.
Maintenance shutdown optimization
- We refine end-to-end shutdown planning processes, eliminating unnecessary steps and ensuring that all stakeholders have clearly defined roles;
- We develop tangible and meaningful metrics for an end-to-end view of the shutdown planning, execution, safety and quality through a single automated dashboard;
- We develop tools to define the main stages of the process, automating most of the manual data processing;
- We optimize the arrangement of suppliers, including changes to contractual models and partnerships based on clearly defined results and metrics;
- We facilitate an end-to-end change process through a Program Management Office.
At the intersection of readiness and responsibility
Four principles to ensure that business and capital planning is focused on the knowledge and strategies needed to recover and thrive in a future characterized by uncertainty.