UK Real Estate Predictions 2013
The evolving market
2013 is expected to be another year of low economic growth with high quality assets remaining in demand, the bottom of the commercial property market, strong demand for property from overseas investors and low construction activity.
The key findings in this year's report include:
- Another year of low economic growth; high quality assets will remain in demand;
- 2013 will see the bottom of the commercial property market as value is seen outside the central prime locations;
- Strong demand for property expected from a widening pool of overseas investors;
- Construction activity low but with bright spots such as the Higher Education sector; and
- The Real Estate industry continues to evolve: Big Data, m-commerce, changes in office specification and the uncertain sustainability agenda will all impact the market.