Life at Deloitte
Deloitte Co-op program
Creating opportunities for work experience while you study
Our co-op program is designed to create growth opportunities for students who aspire to work for a professional services firm. This unique program allows students to obtain invaluable work experience in our Audit, Tax, Financial Advisory and Risk Advisory practices while completing their university degree at The College of the Bahamas.
The Deloitte co-op program is available to students studying at The College of The Bahamas. Students can participate in the program for up to four years provided they meet the minimum grade point average set by the firm.
Students are able to set their working hours based on their class schedules and are paid on an hourly basis. The program provides the opportunity for students to combine the knowledge learned in the classroom with practical on-the-job experience.
By joining our co-op program, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a vibrant and diverse organization, and get to work with people who are forward thinking and committed to making a difference. We believe this is what makes us uniquely Deloitte.
Benefits of the program include:
- Application of classroom knowledge to real work experience
- Flexible schedules to support the balance of work, school and social commitments
- Ongoing mentoring and support from dedicated and experienced professionals
- Competitive compensation based on hours work
- Financial assistance in the form of loans
What we expect from you
It is our intention that our successful co-ops will join us as full time employees upon graduation.
In order to succeed in this program, we expect the following from you:
- Commit to your development
- Have a strong work ethic and be professional at all times
- Be consistent in the schedule you set with Deloitte
- Respect the program guidelines
- Maintain a GPA of 3.5
- Submit transcripts at the end of each semester
“More than 50% of our associates at Deloitte in the Bahamas have participated in the Co-op program. I participated in a similar program in Texas early in my career and this experience was instrumental in forming the Co-op program here at The College of The Bahamas, of which Deloitte is proud participant.”
Raymond Winder, Bahamas Office Managing Partner
Sounds great, where do I sign up?
Applications for our 2017 Co-op Program are now open. If you are interested in taking part in the 2017 program, you can apply directly online.The application process will take you through a number of stages and shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes.
- Register a username and password (if you haven’t previously registered)
- Complete the online application
- Attach your resume, academic transcript and BGCSE results
If you have any questions or issues, you can contact our HR Manager, Jacquelyn Beneby directly at email@example.com.