Future Trends for Legal Services
Future Trends for Legal Services is an independent research study commissioned by Deloitte Legal. Findings are based on 243 quantitative survey responses, and 30 qualitative, in-depth interviews, with in-house legal services purchasers, mainly occupying positions of CEOs, CFOs or General/Legal Counsel.
In a growing market, purchasing patterns for legal services are changing. In-house teams are looking for pragmatic, industry specialists who are tech savvy and can offer more than traditional, one dimensional legal advice.
Research consisted of 243 web-based surveys and 30 long-form qualitative interviews. Data was collected between September 2015 and February 2016.
Key findings include:
- The market for legal services is moving and growing
- Purchasing patterns are changing
- Purchasers’ expectations of legal services providers are evolving
- Demand for alternative or non-traditional legal service providers is increasing
- Legal services buyers' wish list includes:
- Integrated cross-border advice beyond legal
- Use of technology
- Regulatory and global compliance advice
- Fixed fees, value pricing and greater transparency