Digital transformation presents organizations with complex challenges. More than ever, legal professionals must go beyond providing traditional legal advice to acting as a strategic advisor and an active risk manager. Digitalization is transforming legal and contractual relationships between businesses, individuals and governments. As more data is being collected, stored and exchanged electronically, not only do new monetization opportunities arise, but also so do new risks and responsibilities, including data privacy and cybersecurity.
The Internet of Things, robotics and artificial intelligence (AI), blockchain, big data, cloud and 3D printing—all these technologies are evolving rapidly and, as a result, organizations large and small, private and public, are fundamentally rethinking how they operate. This is a common issue for all our clients that operate in production, retail, e-commerce, logistics, automotive, information technology, FMCG, media, and other sectors.
Deloitte Legal tailors its digital law offering for each client; it combines its Legal and Regulatory capabilities with other Deloitte professionals working for Consulting, Audit, Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory and Tax to create an integrated, holistic approach.
The Deloitte Legal Digital Law team can help identify digital risk points and meet legal challenges in the following areas:
- High Technologies Park (HTP):
- Review of the company for compliance with HTP requirements
- Support with business plan development
- Review of draft agreements on terms of activities with the administration of the HTP
- Registration with the HTP
- Consulting on requirements for HTP residents
- Support preparing reports of main activity indices for HTP residents
- Drafting employment agreements, including employment agreements with non-standard remuneration clauses (options, change-in-control benefits, etc.)
- Preparing/reviewing local policies (confidentiality, remote work, etc.), as well as internal control rules for HTP residents involved in activities with tokens
- Legal and tax due diligence for HTP residents’ activities during M&A projects
- Consulting on taxation and accounting issues
- Data & Cyber, including advising on legal compliance of Big Data, personal data (GDPR and domestic laws, including rules on data localization), data protection (commercial, bank and insurance secrecy, confidential information), privacy impact assessments and preparation of data security policies and their implementation
- Digital regulatory law, including identifying risk areas and preparing a plan to meet the challenges of transformative change, encompassing the legal aspects of regulation in terms of digital transformation, counselling on compliance when using Artificial Intelligence, VR/AR technologies, 3D printing and robotics (RPA), cryptocurrencies and blockchain, advising on legal compliance with specific IT/TMT regulation requirements
- Internet of Things (IoT)/Connected Products/Home Connect, including counseling on compliance with global data privacy requirements for a digital business, privacy by default and design in digital product development, cloud computing compliance, data protection in online platforms and mobile apps, frameworks for international data transfers