Our journey to inclusion
Deloitte’s annual Diversity report for 2013
2013 Diversity report describes the internal and external initiatives that contribute to Deloitte’s reputation as an employment and community leader.
Since developing our diversity strategy, we have made significant inroads on the journey to making our firm more inclusive. Our leadership numbers certainly attest to the fact that we are making progress:
- over the past two years, close to half of new leadership appointments were women or visible minorities
- 25% of our Board of Directors are women
- 23% of our Canadian Executive and Extended Leadership Team are women
- Two of our five service lines are led by women.
In 2012/2013 the following initiatives internally and externally contributed to our reputation as a diversity leader. Here are just a few of those activities.
- We partnered with The Humphrey Group to co-develop a unique, learning program called Proud to lead which develops the leadership capabilities of our Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, Queer (LGBTQ) employees.
- We launched our third annual Dialogue on Diversity report entitled Widening the circle: Increasing opportunities for Aboriginal people in the workforce.
- In partnership with Carleton University’s Centre for Women in Politics & Public Leadership, we published a benchmark study of women’s leadership entitled Progress in Inches, Miles to Go.
We also revamped our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and included bold innovative steps to make diversity and inclusion a way of life at Deloitte. Our renewed strategy will set us on a course to realize the benefits of a truly inclusive workplace.