Climate change is not a choice. It’s billions of them.
In Canada, our vast natural resources place us in a unique position to take positive climate action. That's why we're committing to impact that matters against climate change. We recognize change starts within.
Deloitte has launched WorldClimate—our global strategy to address climate change by driving responsible climate choices within our organization and beyond. Deloitte’s near-term (2030) greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction goals have been validated by the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) as 1.5°C-aligned, science-based targets. Deloitte has also committed to set long-term emissions reduction targets using the SBTi’s Net Zero Standard.
We will also connect with others, empowering our professionals and engaging our broader ecosystem to create solutions that facilitate the transition to a low carbon economy. We believe the future of our people, planet, and profession depends on the business community taking measurable, decisive action on climate change. This is what our stakeholders and our professionals expect of us, and it’s what we should expect of ourselves as responsible global citizens.
The opportunity to create a more sustainable world is at our collective fingertips. Our actions make a difference, no matter how large or small.
Net-zero with 2030 goals
Our near-term goals are to:
- Reduce absolute Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions 70% by 2030 from a 2019 base year.
- Reduce Scope 3 GHG emissions from business travel 50% per FTE by 2030 from a 2019 base year.
- Engage with our major suppliers with the goal of having 67% (by emissions) set science-based targets by 2025.
- Invest in meaningful market solutions for emissions we cannot eliminate.
- Source 100% renewable energy for our buildings
We recognize we must align our climate policies, practices, and actions across our organization. We’re doing this by:
- Incorporating sustainability into decisions on office operations, events/meetings real estate, and investments
- Prioritizing discussion of climate action on executive agendas
Making an impact on the climate crisis not only relies on what our business does, but on the individual decisions we make each day. We engage and educate our people on climate change impacts to drive responsible decision making about what they consume, use, or how they travel. We enable our people to make positive climate choices at home and at work, which in effect can influence others in their personal networks.
Empowering our people to take climate action at Deloitte through the Green Champions Network.
We will collaborate with clients, alliance partners, non-governmental organizations, industry groups, suppliers, and others to address climate change at a systems and operations level.