Board frontier topics—How boards are nurturing and measuring stakeholder trust
Business leaders recognize the importance of trust but aren’t consistently prioritizing it in board governance strategies
The Deloitte Global Boardroom Program’s new report reveals that global business leaders understand the importance of and feel responsible for building trust within their organizations but few are achieving it at a high level.
To better understand how companies—and boards, in particular—are addressing trust as a critical agenda item, we surveyed 177 directors and C-suite executives in 30 countries.
Deloitte also spoke with business and academic leaders and subject-matter specialists to get their insights on what is being done to foster trust in boardrooms around the world, where the biggest obstacles lie, and where boards could do more to help build and nurture stakeholder trust.
- Of the global board members and executives surveyed, 94% said trust is “important” to their organization’s performance, while the remaining 6% identified it as “somewhat important.”
- Just 39% of respondents categorized their organization as achieving a high level of trust maturity and said they regularly discuss it at board and executive meetings.
- ESG matters are rising as a key driver of trust, with 61% of respondents citing it as a priority over the next three years.
For all the details, read How boards are nurturing and measuring stakeholder trust now.
This is a Deloitte Global report and available in English only.
How boards are nurturing and measuring stakeholder trust
Access the Global Site
Digital frontier: A technology deficit in the boardroom
Business leaders highlight a technology deficit in the boardroom
Board effectiveness and the chair of the future
Across organizations and countries, the board chair’s role has been amplified. Explore five key forces behind this expansion—and how chairs are stepping up to meet new demands.