Canada's Best Managed Companies
Celebrating Canadian business excellence
Established in 1993, Canada's Best Managed Companies is the country’s leading business awards program, recognizing excellence in Canadian owned and managed companies with revenues over $25 million.
Every year, hundreds of entrepreneurial companies compete for this designation in a rigorous and independent process that evaluates the calibre of their management abilities and practices.
What makes the Canada's Best Managed Companies program unique?
- Focuses on Canadian owned and managed companies
- Recognizes overall business performance and sustained growth
- Recognizes the efforts of the entire organization
- Measures more than financial performance
Who can apply? Companies wishing to apply must meet the following criteria:
- Canadian-owned private company or Canadian-owned portfolio company controlled by Canadian venture capital and Canadian private equity firms or Canadian-owned co-operative; OR
- Foreign-owned, Canadian-based (global) headquarters; private company where management team resides in Canada; OR
- Canadian-owned closely held public company with fewer than 50% of their shares or units traded
Ineligible entities include Canadian-owned public companies with more than 50% of their shares or units traded; private equity firms, credit unions, mutual or co-operative insurance companies; subsidiaries of a foreign owned parent where global headquarters or management is not located in Canada; charities and not-for-profit; government/public sector.
For more information on eligibility, please contact
What’s so great about being one of the best?
There are obvious benefits to winning any award but the Canada’s Best Managed Companies award offers some unique opportunities.
The benefit of applying. That’s right, you benefit even if you don’t win!
- Coaching from Deloitte and CIBC professionals
- Detailed self-analysis of your business focused on strategic and operational issues
- Shine a light on current best practices and areas for improvement
The benefit of winning. All the benefits of applying, plus more in store for winners!
- Exclusive use of the Canada’s Best Managed Companies designation
- Extensive national, regional and local media exposure
- Access to year-round networking opportunities with other exceptional business leaders
- Strengthened ability to attract and retain talent
- Recognition by over 2,000 business influencers at an exclusive gala celebration
- Celebrate the efforts and commitment of your entire company
- Professional development at the Canada’s Best Managed Companies symposium featuring the latest in business leadership and cutting-edge thinking
You don’t just win an award, you become part of an exclusive network.
Best Managed new winner
One of the new winners selected each year
Best Managed winner (years 2, 3)
Award recipients that have re-applied and successfully retained their Best Managed designation for two additional years.
Gold Standard winner (years 4, 5, 6)
After three consecutive years of maintaining their Best Managed status, these winners have demonstrated their commitment to the program and successfully retained their Best Managed status for 4-6 consecutive years
Platinum Club member (year 7 and following)
Winners who have retained their Best Managed status for seven years or more