Life at Deloitte
Top 10 Reasons to join the firm
Our people and culture are redefining what it means to be a professional services firm. It’s about creating a workplace where you can be inspired and be inspiring. A workplace where you can grow and feel a sense of belonging and camaraderie. In other words, it’s about putting people first. Well, our people spoke, and we listened! Our benefits offerings have expanded to give enhanced support to our people’s life, physical health, work, and mental health – the four pillars that make up wellness at Deloitte.
Check out how you can be #myBestSelf when you join the firm:
We are continuously enhancing our flexible work options and ensuring even more choices so you can be your best. We are proud to offer our people remote working options, shifting work hours to accommodate their day, and other personal flexibility arrangements.
Dress for Your Day
We’ve modernized our dress code! In keeping with our professional environment, the choice of appropriate business and casual attire are a matter of your professional judgment. We recognize the right of each individual to dress in accordance with their lived gender identity or gender expression. That means professional attire when you’re visiting clients, and perhaps more casual wear when you’re staying at the office (clean, tailored jeans and a smart jacket on a Tuesday? Go for it!).
2. Increased parental leave
We make no assumptions about parenting roles and caregiving when it comes to taking care of children, so we encourage our people becoming parents to take the time they need to be with their families.
Birth Parent Leave: We have expanded our Birth Parent leave from 17 weeks to 23 weeks at 100% top-up.
- Applicable for birth parent that are eligible for and receive EI benefits, and eligible for the firm's birth parent top-up benefits
- The firm will top up EI/QPIP payments to 100% of your salary for twenty-three (23) weeks (combination of potential waiting period, maternity leave provincial program and additional parental leave)
Non-Birth Parent Leave (including Adoption): We have expanded our Non-Birth Parent leave options from 3 or 6 weeks to 4 or 17 weeks.
- Option 1: 4 weeks salary at 100% (can take at any time)
- Option 2: 17 weeks at 100% top-up plus EI benefits
Foster to Adopt: Professionals fostering a child are not eligible for EI payments during the fostering period. Therefore, they are eligible for the following:
- 20 days off at 100% salary starting the date the child is placed with you for fostering
- These 20 days can be taken at any time and not required to be continuous
- If you decide to adopt and forgo the fostering payment noted above, you will be eligible to receive the seventeen (17) week top-up of your EI/QPIP parental payments to 100% of your salary to be paid during the government parental leave
- As well, you will be eligible for one time a lump-sum support payment of up to a maximum of $20,000 to support your foster or adoption costs
Becoming a parent is one of the most important milestones in our people’s lives. That’s why we’ve enhanced our supports to help them transition out of and back into work.
Orbis is expanding! With our workplace of the future project, our brand new offices will be equipped with cutting-edge technology, innovative design, and unique workspaces to help our professionals collaborate and innovate and stay ahead of the curve. Current Orbis offices:
- Toronto: Bay Adelaide East
- Montreal: La Tour Deloitte
- Québec City
- Kitchener-Waterloo: Joseph Street
- Prince Albert
- St. John’s
- Edmonton (coming soon)
- Vancouver (coming soon)
4. Time off (to take a well-deserved break!)
Find yourself in a place that empowers you to own your career. We encourage our people to use all of their resources and talents to reach their full potential at Deloitte, as much as we encourage them to take a well-deserved break.
Wellness Days: All full-time Deloitte Canada practitioners and partners receive three Personal/Wellness days each year.
Vacation: Our professionals have 3 weeks to travel, take a break, and have some fun. Managers and above and entitled to 4 weeks per year. Because you deserve it!
Citizenship Ceremony: Taking the Oath of Citizenship at a citizenship ceremony is a final and exciting step to become a Canadian citizen. We now offer one full paid day of leave for those attending their Canadian citizenship ceremony. Congratulations, eh.
5. Mental Health support
At Deloitte, we understand that our people perform best when they are mentally and physically well, and that's why we're focused on supporting them so they can thrive.
- Mental Health Support coverage: $4,000/year, applicable to all our people, partners, and their eligible dependents.
- Resilience toolkit: We offer our professionals resources to help them combat burnout and stress. Our toolkit includes wellness podcasts, virtual meditation guides, and more!
- Recharge: Our one-stop, in-office shop for all things wellness! Our Toronto and Montreal Recharge facilities offer our people group programs like fitness classes, massage therapy, and personal training.
6. Leaders who support your development
At our firm, recognition doesn’t just come from leaders. It’s part of a culture where we take pride in our colleagues’ accomplishments as much as we do our own. An investment in your learning and development is an investment in our people and our clients, so we don’t cut corners. Whether it’s Harvard Business school e-courses, new manager training programs, or CPA prep courses, your learning and development is one of our priorities. Check out some of our other unique offerings:
- DU North: Located in the heart of Toronto’s downtown core, Deloitte University (DU) North is a space for our professionals to experience courses taught by leaders on the front lines of the Canadian and global economies in technology-enabled classrooms at Toronto’s Bay Adelaide East office. Learn more.
- RPM Enhancements: We’ve launched an exciting tool under Reinvented Performance Management (RPM) focused on helping our people grow throughout their career: the Personal Development Goal Setting Tool. Designed to help guide your thinking to identify where you want to focus and set clear goals to achieve success, you can leverage the tool as part of discussions with your career coach as you talk about what matters most to you and plan your path forward.
- World-class learning opportunities: Itching for a change? Take advantage of our global network of firms and explore various short or long-term international opportunities to see the world without having to put your career on pause.
Whether you are starting your career or looking to move to the next level, a career at Deloitte empowers you to customize a career that works for you.
7. A culture built on collaboration and innovation
Innovation is our key to success and we practice it in everything we do. With substantial resources at our fingertips such as innovative workspaces, virtual meeting technology – not to mention a collection of diverse and smart minds – our collaboration sessions are both stimulating and effective. The result? Creative, out-of-the-box ideas that are changing the world.
8. Diversity and inclusion in everything we do
We are proud that long before our competitors took action to support diversity and inclusion in the workplace, Deloitte took the lead. We recognize that a culture that celebrates individuality and leverages those differences represents an enormous competitive advantage. Simply put, a workplace where people feel valued and included is a place where people soar.
9. Impact that matters
At Deloitte, we integrate corporate responsibility into our core business strategy. This is why we encourage practices that protect the environment, support local communities, and have a positive impact on society. Learn more about our Tomorrow, Together strategy.
Impact Day: Did you know that Impact Day is a Deloitte worldwide initiative where our people devote one working day to volunteering for a cause they care about? Whether you volunteer in a soup kitchen, clean up a park, or paint a community space, we encourage you to help make a difference because we believe that strong communities build stronger employees. So go ahead. Get involved and experience the positive side effects of giving back.
10. Deloitte Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
As part of our commitment to inclusion, we sponsor several active communities that any employee can join! Take advantage of networking events and mentorship opportunities or attend cultural celebrations and social outings.
- Canadian Asian Network
- Canadian Black Professionals Network
- Deloitte Parents
- Deloitte Trailblazers
- Indigenous and Allies
- Pride Community
Make your voice heard at Deloitte.
There’s a reason why we are one of the most sought-after employers in the country – we offer challenging work, meaningful development opportunities, and flexibility that’s hard to match. Above all, we have an enviable culture built on the smart, likeable people we surround ourselves with. Broaden your skills. Broaden your reach. Broaden your career. It’s all possible here!