Rigorous analysis that informs public policy and business strategy
In pursuit of economic prosperity, progressive organizations need future-focused advisors to help them navigate complexity and deliver positive impact.
At Deloitte, we are redefining economic advisory. Combining analytical foresight with commercial acumen, we shape strategy and policy that unlocks economic, financial and social value.
Connecting leading global insight and local knowledge with an independent perspective, we illuminate future opportunities and drive progress for our clients.
Our dedicated team of economists, consultants and analysts, working closely with our industry leaders across Canada and the globe, apply economic thinking and commercial acumen to everyday business problems. We dissect complex policy and business challenges to provide insightful analysis and offer pointed recommendations.
Economic modelling and forecasting
Using economic modelling to guide decision making and analyse the impact on the economy including economic contribution studies, macroeconomics, and outcomes and impact measurement.
- Empirical market demand analysis
- Quantitative scenario analysis
- Macroeconomic forecasting
- Economic and social impact assessment
- Economic contribution modelling
- Outcomes and impact measurement
- Demand forecasting
- Model validation
International trade and economic development
Provide evidence-based research and analysis in support of policies that leverage trade integration or spurs economic growth and development in emerging markets or in regions including global value chain analysis, regional economic development analysis, and evaluation of donor programs.
- Evaluation of donor programs
- Global value chain and international trade analysis
- Public financial management
- Regional economic development analysis
Policy design and program evaluation
Using quantitative and qualitative approaches to investigate the design and delivery of systems to improve economic and social outcomes including labour market analysis and advice on microeconomic reform.
- Policy and program design and evaluation
- Review and advice on microeconomic reform
- Labour market analysis
- Environmental and social policy
- Government revenue and funding analysis
Optimization and prioritization
Using economic frameworks to help drive allocative and technical efficiency including cost-benefit analysis, cost-effectiveness analysis, profitability analysis, feasibility studies, and service planning.
- Cost-benefit analysis
- Cost-effectiveness analysis
- Commercial analysis
- Profitability analysis
- Project/service feasibility
- Behavioural economics
- Cost-utility analysis
- Risk benefit analysis
- Fiscal impact analysis
- Service planning
Competition, litigation, markets and regulation
Using economic analysis for litigation and regulatory matters involving proposed mergers, allegations of anticompetitive horizontal conduct or monopolisation including antitrust advice, market analysis, and damages estimation.
- Antitrust advice
- Economic analysis of M&A transactions
- Expert witness services
- Economic damage estimation
- Regulatory and regulated entity modelling
- Market analysis
- Competition analysis