Learn more about our valuation and financial advisory services.
To measure value in today's environment, businesses must focus on traditional assets as well as intellectual property, customer and supplier relationships, know-how, and technology. Recent changes in financial reporting requirements in Canada and the United States require both public and private companies to assess the fair value of recorded goodwill and identifiable intangible assets on at least an annual basis.
Deloitte's valuation specialists provide complete and objective valuation services for both public and private companies. We specialize in the identification and valuation of intangible assets. We offer specific experience with goodwill impairment and purchase price allocations across a broad range of industries, including: financial and professional services, technology, media and communications, manufacturing, natural resources, distribution and retail, healthcare, hospitality, and waste management.
Our qualified, experienced professionals are part of a worldwide network with deep experience in a wide range of valuation issues. They can be engaged to:
- Determine purchase price allocation and goodwill impairment.
- Provide fairness opinions and formal valuations (OSC Rule 61-501).
- Identify and value intangible assets, such as intellectual property, customer relationships, technology, trademarks/names, etc.
- Provide valuations of assets and business interest for taxation purposes.
- Provide extensive financial and operational research.
- Research transactions of comparable businesses or properties.
- Perform cost segregation studies for income tax and financial statement reporting purposes.