Deloitte's Resource Evaluation & Advisory projects cross the world and include: prospect reviews, engineering evaluations, reservoir engineering and unconventional resource studies.
Knowledge, expertise, and experience are hallmarks of the geology and engineering projects we have completed across Canada, and around the world. These include exploration prospect reviews, geological and engineering property evaluations, reservoir engineering and geological evaluations, basin studies, feasibility studies and unconventional resource studies.
Our team members have worked on projects in the US, Latin America, Asia, Africa, the Middle East, and Europe. Our reports have been used for securities filings with the Toronto, New York, London, and other international exchanges.
Territories (Yukon, Northwest Territories, Nunavut)
- Independent review of existing gas reserves evaluations for property acquisitions in the Liard Area.
- Geological mapping and field assessment of the Kotanelee, Pointed Mountain and Beaver River structures.
- Review of the fractured gas potential in the Besa River and Nahanni Formations.
- Third party assessment of exploration opportunities in the Northwest Territories for potential investment. Included an audit of the exploration plans and activity, a business analysis and risk assessment.
- Resource assessments within the Beaufort Sea and along the Mackenzie Valley corridor, and evaluation of Parsons Lake gas pool.
- Mapping and volumetric calculation of original gas in place for the Slave Point Formation in the Lady Fern field.
- Economic assessment of the Aitken Creek Gas Storage Facility for a potential acquisition. Included a geological assessment of the nature of the rock that comprised the facility and an analysis of the potential gas within the capture area.
- Assembled a shale gas database (including rock properties, depth, geographic distribution, current activity, recent results) for the Devonian shales of the Horn River Basin and Cordova Embayment.
- Mapping, log analysis and statistical evaluation of horizontal and vertical drilling in the unconventional Jean-Marie reservoirs of the Greater Sierra, Helmet, Peggo-Pesh and Kotcho areas.
- Resource evaluations, geological distribution of productive rocks, assessment of drilling and completion practices, and statistical analysis of unconventional gas opportunities for a variety of clients in both the Montney and Doig Formations of the Fort St John area.
- Resource Study of the Horn River Basin
- Corporate evaluations and feasibility studies for both major and junior oil and gas companies in the Lloydminster area. Fields reviewed include the cold heavy oil fields of Iron River, Manatokan, End Lake, Lloydminster, Lindbergh, Brintnell (SK) and Edam (SK).
- Oil sands reserve and resource evaluations of Cyclic Steam Stimulation (CSS) and Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD) projects in the Jackfish, McMullen and Glover areas of the Athabasca Oil Sands.
- Resource studies:
- Geological mapping, reserve and resource evaluations of the coalbed methane in the Horseshoe Canyon and Mannville coals.
- Geological mapping of the Mannville Sands to identify drilling opportunities in the Cold Lake area. Included assessment of expected production streams from First Nations' reserve lands.
- Evaluation of deep basin tight gas resources and reserves in areas including Wild River, Elmworth, Wapiti, Berland, and Cutbank.
- Geological mapping and statistical evaluation of the productivity of the Upper Cretaceous Edmonton and Scollard Sands.
- Independent review of production for Ferrier Cardium Unit #1. Included an assessment of the reservoir model and waterflood effectiveness.
- Assessed trends, available opportunities and potential opportunities for a potential foreign investor. Resulted in regional summary maps of the Athabasca, Cold Lake and Peace River bitumen deposits.
- Assessment of potential oil recovery in the mature Redwater Leduc oil field. Included analysis of infill drilling and field optimization, with a goal of assisting the client in production of incremental oil.
- Structural mapping to understand reservoir distribution in the Alberta Foothills and overlying the Peace River Arch. Included an assessment of drilling opportunities.
- Evaluation of the Medicine Hat Formation and Milk River Sands using a proprietary evaluation technique.
- Assessment of rock quality and continuity, oil resource, reservoir pressure data and efficiency of water injection in the Slave Point Formation of the Senex oil field.
Saskatchewan and Manitoba
- Audit of reserves and revenue streams of the Potash Corporation's Rocanville Potash Mine expansion for a royalty interest partner.
- Resource assessment of Carbon Dioxide (CO2) and Nitrogen (N2) reservoirs in the Battle Creek field.
- Strategic advice to a First Nation-owned oil and gas company on their acquisition and farm-out of land in the Shackleton Area. Included identification of target lands and establishment of terms for mineral rights with a goal of optimizing revenue streams.
- Regional studies and reserve evaluations of the oil-prone Viewfield, Weyburn, Daly and Sinclair fields in the Bakken Formation of south eastern Saskatchewan and south western Manitoba.
- Evaluation and mapping of the Mississippian sub-crop plays within the Williston Basin.
- Review of geology, reservoir parameters and early production data from the Lower Shaunavon Formation in south western Saskatchewan.
- Evaluation and mapping of the Mississippian sub-crop plays within the Williston Basin Ontario and Quebec.
- Geological reviews and reserve evaluations of oil and gas reserves in the Ordovician Trenton-Black River Group.
- Independent evaluation of land and seismic data to support a potential acquisition in the St. Lawrence Lowlands.
- Creation and regular updating of a shale gas database (includes rock properties, depth, geographic distribution, current activity, recent results) for the Utica and Lorraine Shales.
- Third party assessment of exploration opportunities in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland for potential investment. Included an audit of the exploration plans and activity, a business analysis and risk assessment.
- Creation and regular updating of a shale gas database (includes rock properties, depth, geographic distribution, current activity, recent results) for the Fredericks Brook and Horton Bluff Shales.
- Reservoir studies of offshore Sable Island gas & Newfoundland oil.
- Resource assessment of the Green Point Oil Shale, Newfoundland
- Property review of the Moundville coal bed methane play in the Black Warrior Basin near Tuscaloosa
Review of a subsalt oil prospect in the Basin and Range Province, west of Phoenix
- Evaluation of the Sacramento Basin
- Review of four fields targeted for a potential acquisition off the south California Coast
- Review of a potential SAGD project in the Vaca Tar Sand, Ventura County, Oxnard
- Prospect and property review of the Powder River Basin to validate the geological premise for a potential investment
Gulf of Mexico (offshore)
- Prospect review, structural mapping and 3-D seismic interpretation of the Eocene and Oligocene section of the shallow water Gulf (offshore Louisiana to Texas)
Kansas / Oklahoma
- Prospect and property review of the Arkoma Basin, from the shallow Cretaceous to Mississippian / Pennsylvanian, to validate the geological premise for a potential investment
Louisiana (Gulf of Mexico onshore)
- Prospect review, structural mapping and 3-D seismic interpretation of the Eocene and Oligocene section
- Property and EOR review of the Devonian Traverse Lime in the Calvin 28 Field
- Geological and engineering review of the Prairie Dell, Red Rock, Rabbits Hill, Battle Creek, Southwest Battle, Bowdoin, Cutbank, Kevin-Sunburst, Reagan, and Sweetgrass Fields
- Review of gas and oil drilling opportunities and corporate evaluations in the Delaware Basin, within the Permian Basin of Lea County and Eddy County, near Albuquerque
- Review of gas and oil drilling opportunities, corporate evaluations in Burke County, Renville County, Williams County, Ward County, Mountrail County and Divide County
- Engineering and geological studies of the Three Forks, Sanish and Bakken Formations
- Review of shallow natural gas prospects throughout Northern Oklahoma for potential acquisition
Texas (Gulf of Mexico onshore)
- Corporate evaluation on Wilcox Formation, East Texas
- Prospect reviews of the entire stratigraphic section (Miocene to the Ellenburger) of west and east Texas
- Review of CO2 drilling prospect in the Washington State Eocene Roslyn Formation within the Columbia River Basin
- Geological review of Wyandatt Coal in the Powder River Basin
- Study of oil and gas resource potential in Costa Rica
- Corporate evaluations of various onshore fields including Fyzabad, Barrackpore, San Francique in the Southern Basin of Trinidad
- Review of geology and prospects offshore of East Brighton and various blocks off the southeast coast
Argentina / Chile
- Geological and geophysical review of exploration and acquisition properties on Tierra del Fuego
- Basin analysis and resource potential study of the Campos Basin
- Exploration mapping, reserve determination and resource potential assessment of the Upper Magdalena Valley
- Engineering review of the Jilin QainAn oil field, Songyuan, Jilin, China
- Technical review of the Banqoi and Renchiu oil fields
- Advisors to both the Canadian and Chinese governments on project being conducted by a third party consulting group
- Geological reviews of the south Sumatra Basin and Kutei Basin in East Kalimantan
Papua New Guinea
- Technical review of the Iagfu oil field
- Recommended regulations for government body
- Resource study summarizing the unconventional oil resources of the Waipawa and Whangai shales in the East Coast Basin of the North Island
United Kingdom (onshore)
- Advisors on CBM properties in Northern England and Scotland
- Engineering and geological study of the Humber Basin
- Engineering and geological study of the Rathlin Basin, Northern Ireland
- Evaluation of the Scott-Telford field
- Corporate evaluation in the North Celtic Sea Basin off the south coast of Ireland
- Engineering and geological study of the Cakran-Mollaj, Ballsh-Hekal, and Gorisht-Kocul oil fields
- Reserves and resources study of the Delvina gas/condensate field
- Corporate reserves evaluation of the Bugruvativske and Stynawske Fields, near Boryslaw, Ukraine
Republic of Georgia
- Corporate reserves evaluation focused on the Ninotsminda oil field
- Review of Miocene and Pliocene tight gas properties in the Mako Trough of the Pannonian Basin, an emerging basin-centred gas project
- Petrophysical evaluation, geological mapping, and volumetrics reserve estimation in West Siberian Basin
- Reserve evaluation, and exploration and development mapping of the Silurian age Rishi field
- Review of Kurdistan land blocks (Block 10 and 44) in the Zagros Fold Belt in the Gotnia Basin
- Resource study of selected formations in the Indus Basin and the Sulaiman Fold Belt
- Property review of a coalbed methane property near Mmamabula, Botswana
Democratic Republic of Congo
- Resource evaluation of bitumen in the Cretaceous of the Maruma Block, in the western Democratic Republic of Congo
- Geological review of the hydrocarbon potential of select concessions in the Gambela Oil Zone, Melut Basin, Ethiopia
- Resource potential study of the Salt Pond Structure
- Resource potential study of the Tano area offshore western Ghana
- Resource potential study for oil and gas in Kenya
- Audit of the Tsimiroro and Bemolanga Heavy Oil Production Sharing Agreements in the Triassic Amboloando and Isalo Formations of the Morondava Basin of western Madagascar
- Resource potential study in the Red Sea offshore Sudan
- Oil and gas resource potential study of the Dar-es-Salaam Embayment
- Oil and gas resource potential study of the Malagarasi Basin in northeast Tanzania
- Oil and gas resource potential study of Zanzibar Island offshore Tanzania
- Oil and gas resource potential study of Pemba Island offshore Tanzania