ESG and sustainability
Guiding organizations into a more viable future
We need to rethink and reinvent our economy in face of a growing climate crisis. Businesses need to meet higher performance targets in sustainability and environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG). Deloitte is well-equipped to guide organizations through this transition.
For more than 20 years, we’ve been turning the organizational challenges of climate change, a circular economy, and sustainable finance into competitive advantages and growth opportunities. Through our innovative approaches and digital solutions, you’ll be empowered to think and act differently in the pursuit of a more sustainable world.
How we can help:
Sustainability strategy and business transformation
- Translating trends in climate change, resource scarcity, and population growth into tangible opportunities
- Developing innovative strategies and operating models that position clients competitively
- Encouraging growth while driving societal benefit
Decarbonization and the energy transition
- Rethinking and reframing the future as we help navigate your energy transition
- Helping you become more climate resilient
- Building actionable transformation strategies using the latest technology and modelling to optimize your business on a portfolio basis
- Target setting, technology road mapping, and disclosure advisory support
ESG and sustainable finance
- Visualizing and mitigating the risks of an organization’s social and environmental investments, lending, and operational finances
- Integrating social and environmental criteria into loans and investment activities in a trustworthy, credible manner
Circular economy and supply chain
- Guiding clients through strategic decisions along the supply chain deep-industry insights
- Preserving and enhancing natural capital
- Optimizing resource yields and minimizing system risks by managing finite stocks and renewable flows
- Evaluating, reporting on, and communicating environmental and social governance
- Measuring ESG impact to help organizations develop and maintain transparency and accountability
Safe and reliable operations (EHS)
- Assessing current EHS performance
- Refocusing on an outcomes-driven approach
- Driving future effectiveness of EHS efforts through technology and analytics
Impact measurement and evaluation
- Providing clear and reliable information to measure progress against strategic targets
- Specialized consultants dedicated to impact evaluation, reporting, and communication
- Qualified auditors for the verification of qualitative and quantitative data
Environmental tax, grants, and incentives
- Proactively identify opportunities for climate-friendly decisions that benefit the bottom line through federal, provincial, and international tax, grants, and incentives
We recognize change starts within. That’s why we’ve set ourselves some big targets, including achieving net-zero emissions throughout our firm by 2030.
We will also connect with others, empowering our people, and engage our broader ecosystem to create solutions that facilitate the transition to a low carbon economy.
The opportunity to create a more sustainable world is at our collective fingertips. We all are compelled to act.
Join the movement:
Along with a growing list of countries, Canada has pledged to reach net-zero carbon emissions by 2050. This means reducing the greenhouse gases we produce alongside implementing both proven and emerging technologies to facilitate a rapid transition to low carbon energy systems, intelligent land use, and adoption of nature-based solutions.
The window is slowly closing. It’s likely our last chance to limit global warming to within 1.5°C by the end of the century and seize one of humanity’s greatest opportunities.
A full suite of transformative support is available through the Deloitte Centre for Climate Action. Net-zero emissions isn’t a choice. How you get there is.
Resilient organizations don’t just survive—they thrive in an unpredictable world. They take on new challenges with confidence. Have the ability to adapt rapidly to changing markets, new threats, and disruptive competition.