26 years of celebrating Canada’s fastest-growing technology companies
Technology Fast 50 and North American Technology Fast 500 applicants must be:
- In business for at least four years (on or prior to December 31, 2019)
- Headquartered in Canada or Canadian-controlled, with both management and research and development (R&D) teams also located in Canada
- Investing a minimum of five percent of gross revenues in R&D in 2022.
- Able to prove minimum revenues of $50,000 in 2019 and $5 million in 2022. (Revenues to qualify for Fast 500 must be US$50,000 in 2019 and US$5 million in 2022.)
- Participating in one of the following sub-sectors
- Energy tech
- Clean Technology
- Digital content/media/entertainment
- Electronic devices/hardware
- Medical devices
- On-premise Software & SaaS
- Software sub-sectors:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cloud services
- Consumer software
- Data analytics
- Digital platforms
- Enterprise software
- Enterprise infrastructure & productivity
- Health Technology
- Internet of Things
- Social Networking
- Own proprietary intellectual property or proprietary technology, which must be sold to customers in products or services that contribute to a majority of the company’s operating revenues. A majority, greater than 50%, of the company’s operating revenues must be derived from product or services sales that incorporate the company’s proprietary technology, exclusive of related service revenue.
- Using other companies’ proprietary technology or intellectual property in a unique way does not satisfy this requirement.
- Consulting companies, professional service firms, resellers, and others are not eligible.
Eligibility in the Enterprise—Industry leaders category requires applicants to meet the same criteria as for Technology Fast 50 nominees except they must have a minimum revenue of $10 million in 2019 and a minimum revenue of $50 million in 2022.
Eligibility in the Companies-to-watch category requires applicants to meet the same criteria as for Technology Fast 50 nominees except they must show a minimum revenue of $50 thousand in 2020 and a minimum revenue of $2.5M in 2022.
Eligibility criteria for companies applying to this Clean Technology category will be the same as Fast 50; the majority of the company’s revenues MUST come from products or services that have a positive environmental impact in the following areas:
- Carbon emissions reduction potential
- Resources circulation (reduce, reuse and recycle)
- Environmental preservation and safety
Eligibility in the Fast 500 category requires applicants to meet the same criteria as for Technology Fast 50 nominees except that the revenue is measured in USD and not CAD. Revenues to qualify for Fast 500 must be US$50,000 in 2019 and US$5 million in 2022.
The future won’t wait—neither should you. If you have what it takes to claim a leading spot among Canadian technology innovators, apply today for the Fast 50 program.
*Please note: Companies can only apply to one category. Deloitte reserves the right to change a company’s category based on the information provided in the application.