Categories and eligibility criteria
Over 20 years of celebrating Canada’s fastest-growing technology companies
Technology Fast 50™ ranking
This category is a ranking of Canada’s 50 fastest-growing technology, media, and telecommunications companies by revenue-growth percentage over their last four years of operation.
North American Technology Fast 500™ ranking
This ranks the 500 technology companies in North America that post the highest revenue-growth percentage over their last four years of operation.
This category highlights Canadian technology companies with the potential to be future Technology Fast 50™ candidates.
Is your company a Fast 50™ contender?
Technology Fast 50™ and North American Technology Fast 500™ applicants must be:
- In business for at least four years (on or prior to December 31, 2013)
- Headquartered in Canada or Canadian-controlled, with both management and research and development (R&D) teams also located in Canada
- Generating a significant proportion of operating revenue via proprietary technology and/or intellectual property (see the FAQ section for the definition)
- Able to prove minimum revenues of $50,000 in 2014 and $5 million in 2017. (Revenues to qualify for Fast 500™ must be US$50,000 in 2014 and US$5 million in 2017)
- Participating in one of the following five sub-sectors:
- Emerging technologies
- Digital media
To be eligible in the Companies-to-Watch category, applicants must meet the same criteria as for Technology Fast 50™ nominees except for those related to revenue and the number of years in business.
The future won’t wait—neither should you. If you have what it takes to claim a leading spot among Canadian technology innovators, apply today for the Fast 50™ program.