2022 Caribbean Best Managed Companies Program Barbados & the Eastern Caribbean
Deloitte aims to provide the needed insight to company decisions and give greater perspective from similar counterparts across the globe.
Deloitte in collaboration with Program sponsors CIBC FirstCaribbean International Bank, The University of the West Indies, The Barbados Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI) and The Nation Publishing Co. Limited, is pleased to launch the 2022 Best Managed Companies Program.
Supported locally and steeped in global best practice across industries, companies are bench marked against the “Best”!
The Best Managed Companies program enables companies to be recognized and awarded by independent accessors, the annual designation of “Best Managed Company”.
It’s not simply a competition but a program that involves coaching from Deloitte & CIBC FirstCaribbean coaches, informing on key components and guidelines for implementation against the Deloitte framework. The program is currently in forty-two countries worldwide. Company winners in the Caribbean are recognized as peers with other global winners.
Participate to be recognized as part of a global private network that is best in class!
The Four Pillars of a Best Managed company
Companies are evaluated against four pillars to determine whether they qualify as a Best Managed company.
How does it work?
Best Managed Companies exhibit a number of common attributes enabling sustained growth. Applicants are coached and evaluated against four value drivers to determine whether they qualify as a Best Managed Company.
Applicants receive hands-on business management coaching and submit a final application, which is judged by an independent panel of judges and winners are selected and celebrated. Winners gain access to the business symposium and year-long networking opportunities regionally and globally.
Caribbean Best Managed Companies – Code of Conduct
The Caribbean’s Best Managed Companies program aims to inspire, celebrate and build a community of private businesses that are creating a better future. A leading business awards program, recognizing excellence in private Caribbean-owned companies, it celebrates the entrepreneurial spirit, determination and innovation of the private business community.
Companies undergo a rigorous application process and are judged on core business criteria across four pillars - Strategy, Capabilities and Innovation, Culture and Commitment, Governance and Financials - by an external panel of judges.
This prestigious designation becomes a fundamental part of who the Best Managed companies are and how they are perceived in their respective markets. As a community, each company has an obligation to live and uphold the behaviours outlined in this Code. The commitments below illustrate the core expectations the program has for winning companies and commitment to high standards and right conduct.
- As a Best Managed company, we will act lawfully, honestly, ethically and with integrity towards our costumers, employees, vendors and stakeholders.
Foster diversity, equity and inclusion
- All Best Managed companies have a role to play in helping the Caribbean on the path to a more inclusive environment. As a member of this community, we foster a culture and working environment where people treat each other with respect, courtesy and fairness, promoting equal opportunity for all.
Commitment to upholding the standard of the Best Managed program designation through the four pillars
- Being a Best Managed company means upholding the level of quality and commitment you have to the four pillars (Strategy, Capabilities and Innovation, Culture and Commitment, Governance and Financials), the program brand standards and identity.
- Upholding brand standards
- The Best Managed designation represents 29 years of strong Global private companies that are the engine of the global economy. The brand is a result of the outstanding companies in the program and is recognized coast to coast. As a Best Managed company, you agree to uphold this brand legacy and follow brand and logo guidelines.
Best Managed community role model
- Commitment to the Best Managed community through participation in program activities & events, while treating all members with dignity and respect. This also includes a commitment to being a respectable citizen within society and doing your part to build a positive future for the Caribbean’s economy.
Meet our sponsors
Barbados & the Eastern Caribbean's Best Managed Companies Program