Securing a world without boundaries
In legacy environments, IT resources were contained within clearly defined boundaries. Whatever resided externally was untrusted and all internal traffic was inherently trusted.
We live in a hyper-connected world, where everything is increasingly interconnected. The perimeter has essentially dissolved for most modern enterprises.
Real-time access control
- Is the source connection from an authenticated and authorized user?
- Is it coming from a known and secure device?
- Does this person usually connect from this geographic location?
- Is the time of connection consistent with the user's history?
- Are there any other signals or threat intelligence that should be taken into consideration before access is granted?
The current situation
Our 2021 Cyber survey outlines the challenges of managing cyber risk across the enterprise faced by CIOs and CISOs. Their greatest challenges are transformation and Hybrid IT, with cyber hygiene, talent limitations and shadow IT not far behind.
An enormous upside
Embedded in a corporate strategy, Zero Trust can bring a series of strategic advantages. By reducing operational complexity and simplifying ecosystem integration, it can:
- Improve customer experience
- Enhance business agilityImprove business resilience
- Reduce the threat surface
- Realize cost savings
- Improve collaboration with business partners
- Accelerate cloud adoption
Explore additional Deloitte Thought Leadership
- Zero Trust: In the face of escalating cyber-attacks, companies target a new level of security - CFO Insights
Which of the following is the most challenging aspect of cybersecurity management across your organization's infrastructure?
Rosena Duncanson | Lawrence Lewis
Alexandra Forssell | Wayne Green | Taron Jackman
Thelma Gombedza | Brett Henshilwood
Dwight Robinson | Kerry Jordan