Global Business Services (GBS)
Unlocking growth with improved service delivery
Service delivery models are always evolving. For the world’s largest companies, there’s an increasing shift to more global, multifunctional models that are expected to provide higher value at lower cost. Leading global business are looking into opportunities to optimise their operating model by centralising their core and supporting functions through consolidating the service delivery models.
Global Business Services (GBS), which often encompasses both shared services centres (SSC) and business process outsourcing (BPO) allow the global organisations to create alignment among their business units, serving as a single enterprise organization or network that can drive collaboration and efficiency to improve service delivery. The future of GBS lies in its ability to help companies do even more with less, by leveraging data and knowledge from across multiple businesses, functions, and geographies to transform customer and employee experiences with predictive insights at unparalleled speed.
This builds an exceptional opportunity for the Central European region which is
perceived as the optimum location for setting up the shared service centres both for European and global clients. The largest companies are seeking the
greatest labour differential opportunities and scale as well as global delivery. The opportunity to optimise the cost base remains the top reason for
choosing the centralised solution and the labour arbitrage still remains the top parameter considered while deciding on an SSC location strategy. However as the labour quality becomes more important for the more value add activities, Central Europe becomes the top choice for many multinational and global organisations and the availability of the highly skilled employee pool becomes the top metric in considering a location for setting up a new SSC.
Our Global Business Services experts can help organisations with the pursuit of efficiency in the delivery of modern GBS moving up the value chain in single and multi-function GBS and/or SSC, and build of location capability while keeping in mind the legal and regulatory requirements via our strong SME network.
Our GBS expert group across the Central European region will be able to assist
you at the every stage of your GBS journey, starting from location selection
and feasibility study, through set up and process transition to your shared service centre and/or business process outsourcing partner to optimisation and
automation of the processes.
Potential benefits of Global Business Services models
- Improved alignment with the business strategy, digital strategy, and
- A global approach that can improve visibility, control, and risk management
- Scale to drive cost and operational efficiencies on a global level across functions and business units
- Benefits from one integrated organization with end-to-end processes and clear accountability
- Improved analytics and insights from access to cross-functional, enterprise-wide data
- Becomes incubator for digital ways of working and catalyst for broader, enterprise-wide digital transformation
- An agile organization with flexible scalability to respond to changing business needs such as mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Becomes a source of talent / workforce needed for the future