Our team is dedicated to ensure full services on competition law mandates. Benefiting from industry specialization and expertise from tax department and other law practice areas, we have developed an increased area of expertise in major sectors like IT, Real Estate, Pharmaceuticals, Telecommunication, Retail or FMCG.
- Compliance & regulatory
- Economic concentrations
- Assistance during investigations
- Competition Law Compliance Program
- State aid
Compliance & regulatory
- drafting distribution agreements, sale-purchase agreements or other commercial agreements or business policies, whereby parties' commercial interests are reconciled with the competition legal provisions;
- analyzing practices and behavior of the economic agents on the relevant market with respect to competition law, including cartel or abuse of dominance practices;
- application of leniency regulations
- analysis of specific operations that might trigger the obligation to notify the Competition Council or the European Commission;
- drafting the notification form and handling of procedure in front of competition authority for obtaining the non-objection decision;
- auxiliary restrictions necessary for implementing an economic concentration;
obtaining derogations from interdiction to put into effect an economic concentration before clearance.
Assistance during investigations
- assistance during investigations initiated by the Local Competition Council/European Commission by offering explanations, submitting supplementary documents as well as, offering a bigger picture and a better understanding of the analyzed case in a given economic and legal context;
- court representation in challenging the sanctioning decision issued by the competition authority.
Competition Law Compliance Program
Define/recommend compliance programs.
- identify the risks attached to specific business case;
- assess the various levels of risks within the company and, if possible, seek remedies;
- putting in place a customized competition compliance manual;
- training the key employees in the field.
- general compliance requirements;
- legal assistance to state owned companies in the review of management delegation contracts from the perspective of state aid rules.