Deloitte Legal's Digital professionals are adept at serving clients with various legal needs related to technology, including hardware, software, internet, technology services and clean tech. The group is also equipped to cater to the media's legal matters in advertising, marketing, cable, broadcasting, electronic games, information services, movies, music and online media, as well as to the telecom industry in wireline, wireless, satellite and telecommunication equipment. We also provide comprehensive advice on data protection and data security.
Our services include:
- Cross-border mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate restructuring, PE, joint venture
- Outsourcing (IT and BPO)
- Business Model Optimization
- Supply chain management
- Intellectual Property/Intellectual Capital; royalty recognition
- Commercial contracting; licensing
- Intangibles management
- (Unfair) competition
- Regulatory, public sector
- Litigation, ADR and tax controversy support
- Employment and benefits
- Promotional and sales campaign compliance
- Regulatory matters in connection with consumer protection, labelling, warranties, product safety and product liability
We also help organizations identify and manage the risks and opportunities associated with personal data, enabling them to respond strategically and tactically to:
- Personal data governance challenges associated with globalization;
- Challenges with embedding and operationalizing the framework of privacy measures in the organization;
- Diverse legal/regulatory requirements;
- Rapidly changing technology and the extended enterprise.
How we do it
Deloitte Legal has services to support organizations at each stage of GDPR preparation:
- Data protection reviews—Evaluation of suitability of existing processes, and recommendations for bringing processes into compliance with current data protection legislation.
- Compliance with data protection legislation — Identification of legal and technical risks and controls in relation to data protection.
- Process restructuring, implementation, and promotion and training programs.
- Expert advice on the interpretation of the GDPR.
- Technical and support offices—Ongoing support with regard to privacy and security requirements, including outsourcing of the privacy management function.