Cyber Security Jobs
On the hunt for digital threats
As cyber security moves up the boardroom agenda, Deloitte's fast-growing cyber risk team is on the search for passionate cyber security professionals like yourself. Evaluating ever-evolving digital threats and consulting our clients on how to protect their systems and data as well as implementing security solutions is only part of your day-to-day work. Learn more about who we are looking for and why you should join our cyber security team.
Cyber security is rapidly becoming the most critical topic for companies worldwide. As the world relies more and more on digital solutions, cyberattacks are also on the rise. And they are developing faster and further.
Your job is not only to keep up with the cyber criminals but also to stay one-step ahead of them - showing our customers how to protect themselves from ever-evolving threats and attacks. Cyber security and privacy issues have become a mission-critical challenge for many businesses. It is not just about a defensive view on the world, but digitalization and the move to cloud technology requires a solid integration of security and digitalization. Thanks to cyber technology, security risks can be identified and prevented at an early stage. This makes the world a little safer for our clients and us all.
One step ahead of cyber criminals
Our clients need to understand whether and how their systems work and the substantial amount of personal and commercial data they design, implement or operate are appropriately protected from cyber attacks, failure, exploitation, theft, fraud and abuse. That's where our cyber security team comes in. Our Cyber Security Analysts, Cyber Security Engineers, and Security Consultants are relentless when it comes to increasing the security of our client in order to enable their digitalization. Our work requires an understanding of complex enterprise systems and varied industries, a razor-sharp mind and the ability to advise high-level executives properly. You and your team are ultimately responsible for finding out which cyber threats are lurking in the shadows, developing and implementing strategies for our clients to circumvent them. Similarly, we work with clients on how to enable digitalization by implementing security products and technology. Sound like a lot of theory? Don’t worry – depending on your role, you’ll also get the chance to check networks and operating systems, conduct penetration tests, and design policies for our clients to use.
A wide range of opportunities from operations to vigilance
Just as the dangers in cyberspace are varied, so are the opportunities we offer to you – finding your own thing within our Cyber Team. Depending on what area your heart beats for, you could be part of one of the following teams:
- Cyber Strategy & Transformation: We help our clients understand today’s cyber threat landscape and assess the maturity of their cyber security capabilities. With our broad expertise, we help them implement the desired changes, from the technology to the processes and roles they need.
- Cyber Cloud and Infrastructure: We assist clients on their journey to the cloud and help them secure their IT infrastructure, whether it be for secure target operating models and architecture or actually implementing cyber cloud projects.
- Identity and Access Management (IAM): We help the client understand how to use Identity and Access Management as an enabler of digitalization and the move to the cloud. We don’t just talk about it but deliver some of the most complex IAM implementations globally and in Switzerland.
- Cyber Security Management & Operations: We help our clients understand today’s cyber threat landscape and assess the maturity of their cyber security capabilities. We also assess their vulnerability to cyber-attacks.
- Data Protection and Compliance: We help clients identify and deal with privacy-related, legal, or business risks. We also help them with practical planning around privacy and a legal approach to compliance.
- Vigilance: We pull together information (technology data and business data) to equip in-house security teams with context-rich intelligence to help them proactively detect and manage cyber threats and respond more effectively.
- Resilience: We identify security threats at an early stage and help our clients rapidly respond and contain the damage.
"Supporting women in cyber and going beyond your comfort zone."
Mona Zimmermann, Consultant, Risk Advisory, Cyber Resilience
Be curious, be yourself
Our cyber experts are characterized not only by their skills and training, but also by their curiosity and pleasure in constantly facing new challenges. As you advance in your field, you will have the opportunity to develop into a specialist in the course of your career, dedicate yourself to a wide range of topics, tasks and industries, or take on management responsibilities.
The following characteristics help you to be successful in this:
- Curiosity and willingness to learn
- Desire to work in a diverse, fun and passionate team
- High sense of responsibility and reliability
- Good communication skills and a structured way of working
More than just a job
As one of around 60 cyber security experts in Switzerland, you will be part of one of our fastest-growing teams. You will join a culture characterized by the uniqueness of each individual and the diversity of us as a whole. You’ll experience the strength that lies in our internationality - both in our daily cooperation and in the opportunity to work across borders. And, you’ll benefit from flexible working conditions, a fair compensation package, further education, the possibility to buy additional vacation days or take a sabbatical and much more. Learn more here.
Get to know our Cyber Security Experts:
In my role as a senior consultant, I apply my technical knowhow, develop my leadership and people skills and provide solutions to practical and strategic questions. Being part of a team that supports each other, that values individual ideas and gives everyone space to create, fail and succeed is the perfect setting for building up an innovative and healthy work environment. Besides my client engagements, I am passionate about talent attraction, team culture development, and innovation. I have received the opportunity to drive different internal projects related to these areas and seeing them having an impact is extremely encouraging.
Senior Consultant, Cyber Risk Services
As a recent graduate with a passion for cyber risk management, I chose to join Deloitte in part because the projects are extremely diverse and there are so many different topics to explore. The learning curve you experience throughout a project is very steep and you are pushed beyond your comfort zone to explore new areas. I also value Deloitte’s culture: as long as you deliver the work as you promised, it does not matter when you do it, which is great for one’s own productivity. I also love the “Women in Cyber” initiative: It showed me that Deloitte is in fact “walking the talk” on inclusion issues.
Consultant, Cyber Resilience
I help our clients prevent or withstand a cyber-incident and define solutions for their cyber security needs. I get to work on a wide range of cyber security challenges, take on a lot of responsibility, grow my experience and exercise a high level of entrepreneurship in my day-to-day work.
Senior Consultant, Cyber Security
I work with some of the largest, most influential companies and organisations on improving their cloud and on-premise cyber defense system in a holistic and strategic manner, ultimately contributing to making the Swiss economy a more secure place. I’m grateful for the opportunity to be able to help clients achieve their professional objectives effectively as well as help colleagues grow by sharing my experience and expertise. Having the opportunity to be working alongside some of the greatest cyber talent around the globe allows me personally to continuously learn something new, expand my comfort zone, and set the pathway for a more secure future together with our clients
Director, Cyber Strategy & Cloud Security