Life at Deloitte
Geek out and capture the ﬂag
7 - 8 April 2017
We're getting competitive: join Deloitte's Hackathon in a hip creative hub located in Zurich and demonstrate how tech-savvy you are. There will be three different challenges around cyber security, manipulating and analysing data. Capture the flag and hack the Green Dot!
Analytics Challenge (in co-operation with Opendata)
In the Analytics Challenge, you will support the world’s biggest effort to vaccinate children: Imagine yourself as an analytics consultant working for a Swiss NGO. We will ask you and your team to extract insights from a data set covering vaccinations all over the world. Navigate your way through messy data, build predictive models, and wow us with fancy visualisations. Finally, present to us your team’s results. Your recommendations will help the NGO send vaccines to where they’re needed most – and will ultimately save lives.
Cyber Security Challenge
Join the jeopardy style capture the ﬂag challenge and tackle a series of real-world cyber security scenarios covering challenges ranging from network security to cryptography and web security.
Do you enjoy solving puzzles? Be part and use your skills to sift through data, discover the clues, track the fraudster and crack our challenge.
- You are preferably in your master studies or a PhD candidate from a Swiss university or School of Applied Sciences
- You have an educational background preferably in IT, engineering, sciences, or maths and of course a high affinity to technical topics
- You think analytically and in a structured manner but also embrace creative and out-of-the box approaches
- You are curious, passionate and not satisfied with a standard solution to complex problems but rather enjoy the challenge of delivering the very best
- You are fluent in English and preferably another local language
- You have basic knowledge of scripting language such as R, Python, Matlab, etc.
- You have experience with tools like Qlikview, Tableau, BusinessObjects (SPSS or Shiny is an added benefit)
- A strong interest in data analysis, both structured and unstructured data mining, visualization and business problems
Cyber Security Challenge
You have basic knowledge of
- understanding of computer networks (e.g. TCP/IP, ICMP, etc.)
- general cyber security and cryptography as well as web application security (familiarity with Kali Linux is an added benefit)
- You are mastering MS SQL, common programming and scripting languages such as Perl, Python, VBA, etc.
- You have experience with tools such as Tableau, Qlikview, or any other vizualization library such as d3js
- You demonstrate outstanding analytical skills and have a keen eye for details
Get in touch
The investigation starts soon! Sign up for one of the three challenges using the link adjacent. Also, please provide the challenge you want to attend in the top right corner or at the end of your CV.
Deadline for submitting your CV is 30 March 2017.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
open in new window Upload your CV