Operational Due Diligence | Deloitte Switzerland | M & A Transaction Services | Services has been added to your bookmarks.
Operational Due Diligence
Independent advice on synergies and operational improvements
Our corporate and private equity clients increasingly are looking to increase transaction value through improving operational performance and proactively managing operational risks.
In acquisitions undertaken by corporate clients, value is typically realised in the form of synergies, and in divestment processes from capturing and communicating an effective value enhancement proposition for the entity being divested.
For private equity investors, operational efficiencies and cost reduction continue to be a focus area, both during the acquisition due diligence and also post completion.
Our dedicated Operational Due Diligence (ODD) team combines extensive operational restructuring and performance improvement expertise to deliver insight regarding operational risk and potential opportunities. We combine experienced line managers and operational due diligence specialists to provide comprehensive insight in both pre-deal due diligence and post-deal value capture and enhancement.
Our ODD team assists with:
- developing an understanding of the composition and nature of the target company’s cost base and operational capability, including areas of IT,
- reviewing and evaluating forecast cost reduction plans, including restructuring plans, synergy reviews and bid defence plans,
- reviewing and evaluating operational risks within a business,
- identifying opportunities for further cost reduction and assisting in the development of performance improvement and value capture plans,
- together with our Integration & Separation team, developing plans for early ownership/ first 100 days to leverage change momentum and realising value capture and enhancing operational benefits.