What is Switzerland's Best Managed Companies programme?
Dynamic times call for strong leadership. As a leader, you know that better than anyone else. But, do you also know how well your organisation is managed? And what could possibly be done better? Participate in Best Managed Companies and get answers to these questions. The Best Managed Companies programme shines a spotlight on Switzerland’s most outstanding private businesses and the exceptional performance that drives them.
A rigorous and independent process ensures that participating companies are evaluated based on a proven global framework. Within the framework your company’s management abilities and practices are assessed, in the domains of strategy, capabilities, commitment and financials.
You will receive an independent view of your business, and benchmarking against “the best” private companies. Being recognised as Best Managed, you become part of a select community and receive a reputational boost through increased public visibility. Are you up for the challenge?
What makes the Swiss Best Managed Companies programme unique?
- It focuses on swiss privately owned and managed companies
- Recognises overall business performance and sustained growth
- Recognises the efforts of the entire organisation
- Measures more than financial performance
- Gives insights into best practices, which are shared during the coaching process
To enter the programme, the companies must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Privately held
- Turnover in excess of CHF 100mio. (not applicable for companies in the health care industry such as biotech, life science, medtech, dentaltech, and suppliers etc.)
- HQ or major decision centre in Switzerland (operations can be abroad)
- Compliant from legal, tax and ethical perspective
- Have a (financial) track record of at least three years
- Privately owned Swiss company
- Swiss portfolio company controlled by private equity firms independent of latter’s domicile
The following organisations are ineligible:
- Credit institutions, banks, insurance companies with equity shares traded at a regulated stock exchange at the time of initial acceptance to the programme, Swiss subsidiaries of foreign multinationals, government-owned entities/public sector agencies, charities and not-for-profit organisations and their affiliates and subsidiaries
- In doubt, please contact us to support you along the process.
There are obvious benefits to winning any award, but Switzerland’s Best Managed Companies programme offers some unique opportunities.
The benefit of applying
- Valuable insights: coaching from Deloitte and Julius Baer professionals
- Benchmarking: Shine a light on current practices and areas for improvement with detailed feedback report
- Foundations for future success: Detailed self-analysis of your business focused on strategic and operational issues
The benefit of being recognized as Best Managed Company
All the benefits of applying, plus more in store for being recognised as one of the Best Managed:
- Reputational boost: with clients, customer and employees – current and future, through national media exposure and gained exclusive use of the Best Managed Companies designation. The logo can be used on business cards, recruiting materials, advertising and company assets (think vehicles, retail stores, web site and packaging)
- Network: Become part of an international business community of over 1,000 of the best-run companies to share ideas and do business with.
- Celebrate: Invitation to Best Managed events, including recognized companies’ celebration during Best Managed Companies Gala night on 30 June 2022 to celebrate the efforts and commitment of your entire company.