A spotlight on cyber and privacy trends
With the growing digitalisation of our economy, cyber threats are expanding more rapidly than most organisations’ ability to cope. Everything that depends on cyberspace is potentially at risk: personal data, intellectual property, critical infrastructure, and even military and national security can be compromised. Furthermore, the changing legal and regulatory landscape across Europe is making privacy and data protection increasingly important to everyday business.
For updates on Swiss and global cyber trends, regulatory developments and for information on upcoming events, sign up to our Cyber Flash – a Deloitte publication for cyber security, privacy and data protection professionals.
Highlights of issue 5, October 2018
- Women in Cyber Leadership Interview Series - Women are still underrepresented in the global cyber security workforce. What can organisations do to bridge this gap?
- 2018 Cyber 9/12 Student Challenge - Developing next generation cyber defences and specialists
- Security Controls for Blockchain Applications – Blockchain is not secure by design
- What’s Next for GDPR? – How and why organisations want to invest more to further advance their GDPR compliance
- Cyber Regulation - Critical infrastructure operators should expect more regulation in the coming years
European Privacy Academy - Connecting the dots between privacy and security
The European Privacy Academy is a unique training, knowledge and networking centre focused on the actual day-to-day management of the privacy challenge. It provides both an on-campus data protection officer course and on-campus or in-house department-specific data protection trainings during which attendees learn to efficiently manage privacy and security in a risk based and integrated manner. Bringing the operational/technical, legal and governance aspects of the privacy/security challenge together this way, does not only allow participants to get the applied training they need in their specific roles, it also helps them to better transform privacy challenges into manageable solutions.