A spotlight on cyber and privacy trends
With the growing digitalisation of our economy, cyber threats are expanding more rapidly than most organisations’ ability to cope. Everything that depends on cyberspace is potentially at risk: personal data, intellectual property, critical infrastructure, and even military and national security can be compromised. Furthermore, the changing legal and regulatory landscape across Europe is making privacy and data protection increasingly important to everyday business.
For updates on Swiss and global cyber trends, regulatory developments and for information on upcoming events, sign up to our Cyber Flash – a Deloitte publication for cyber security, privacy and data protection professionals.
Highlights of issue 4, December 2017
- Cognitive computing for cyber security – The potential of cognitive computing for better cyber security detection and response capabilities
- Third party cyber risk management - How well are you managing cyber risk from your third party relationships?
- swissVR Monitor II – Board-level insights on organisational cyber preparedness
- KYE - Know your employees - What you need to know about employee profiling
- GDPR Benchmarking Survey – How are organisations preparing for the GDPR?
- Privacy updates – what you need to know before the end of this year
European Privacy Academy - Connecting the dots between privacy and security
The European Privacy Academy is a unique training, knowledge and networking centre focused on the actual day-to-day management of the privacy challenge. It provides both an on-campus data protection officer course and on-campus or in-house department-specific data protection trainings during which attendees learn to efficiently manage privacy and security in a risk based and integrated manner. Bringing the operational/technical, legal and governance aspects of the privacy/security challenge together this way, does not only allow participants to get the applied training they need in their specific roles, it also helps them to better transform privacy challenges into manageable solutions.