Next generation automation
Transform your business with robotic and intelligent automation
Automation has the potential to transform today’s workplace as dramatically as the machines of the Industrial Revolution changed the factory floor. Robotic process automation has been maturing quietly and transforming our business processes over the last decade – now we are seeing robots that replicate the human brain, taking business process automation to the next level. Intelligent Automation, while still emerging, promises huge opportunities for transformation.
Deloitte automation provides business leaders with a solid understanding of the available tools and well defined strategies for automating their enterprises. This report highlights the differences between robotic automation + artificial intelligence led automation and helps you choose which to prioritize.
Robotic process automation (RPA) Vs Intelligent Automation (IA)
Both RPA and IA can make business processes smarter and more efficient, in very different ways. Both have significant advantages over traditional IT implementations.
Robotic process automation software “robots” perform routine business processes by mimicking the way people interact with applications through a user interface.
Entire end-to-end processes can be performed by software robots with very little human interaction.
This new breed of cognitive technologies with human-like capabilities such as recognising handwriting and natural language processing has great potential to automate non-routine tasks.
When combined with RPA and powerful analytics, these cognitive technologies can form intelligent automation solutions.
The uses of intelligent automation are potentially limitless. They are typically more expensive and take longer to implement than robotic process automation tools.
If you would like to find out more about Robotics, please download our report.
- The robots are coming: This report will help shared services and GBS leaders understand what a robot is and is not, what are the benefits that can be achieved, how can robotics be successfully implemented, what makes a process a candidate for robotics.
- Man and Machine - robots on the rise: This report explores the impact of automation on jobs in Switzerland.
- Structural change creates jobs: This study shows that the positive effects of automation in Switzerland will continue to dominate in the future.
- The robots are here: This report examines Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and its role in shared services and Global Business Services (GBS).
- Transforming the Swiss economy - The impact of automation on employment and industries: This study examines the impact of automation on Swiss industries and the associated challenges and opportunities for companies.