The Deloitte Alternative Lender Deal Tracker Q3 2017
Market poised for institutional Direct Lending
The Deloitte Alternative Lender Deal Tracker now covers 60 leading Alternative Lenders, with whom we track primary mid-market deals across Europe.
The seventeenth issue covers data for the third quarter of 2017 that closed with 95 deals completing, representing a 15% increase in deal flow on a last 12 months basis in comparison with the previous year.
- Significant increase in direct lending recorded with a 34% growth compared to Q3 in 2016. 95 deals completed in Q3 this year vs. 71 in Q3 last year
- The UK remains the biggest Direct Lending market, growing 35% for the last 12 months as compared to the previous year
- Within Europe the Business, Infrastructure & Professional Services (BIPS) industry continues to be the dominant user of Alternative Lending with 21% followed by Healthcare with 15%
- 2017 has been a strong bounce back for Direct Lending fundraising with $14.7bn raised to end of Q3 2017 in Europe
- The Eurozone economy continues to grow strongly, with 2.5% GDP increase in the last year, the fastest growth rate since the global financial crisis
- Institutional Investors are increasingly going direct, building their own in-house team
Our Debt Advisory team has been in active dialogue with the leading European Alternative Lenders to set up a quarterly database, which monitors the primary European mid-market deal activity involving these lenders. 58 alternative debt funds currently participate in the Deloitte Alternative Lender Deal Tracker and the results are released to interested parties on a quarterly basis in a public version of the tracker.
Deloitte Alternative Lender Deal Tracker – Q2 2017
Deloitte Alternative Lender Deal Tracker – Q1 2017
Deloitte Alternative Lender Deal Tracker – Q4 2016
Deloitte Alternative Lender Deal Tracker – Q3 2016
Deloitte Alternative Lender Deal Tracker – Q2 2016
Deloitte Alternative Lender Deal Tracker – Q1 2016